Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why does my final harvest have so many seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this was indoors and a photosenseitive plant, climb inside your tent, zip it up and look for light leaks. (The last time I did this, I was surprised at how I overlooked a powerstrip in the tent with an illuminated on/off rocker switch.). If you don't see much light leaking, what were the temperatures during flower?

It must have something to do with stress. If you used feminized seeds, they're more susceptible to herming (more sensitive to stress).

Honestly, I like it when I get some seeds that way. I like the free seeds. And, honestly, I like growing bag seed better than designer genetics. I feel like all the designer "breeding" is wrecking the genetics. I think bag seed brings back some hardier latent genetics.

Comment

I had this happen outdoors on one plant only and I think it may been genetics, the seed may have come from a Hermi plant. I didn't find many, less than 8, obviously I didn't catch them all.

Comment

• az2000
        az2000 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you had multiple plants growing outdoors, was the one with seeds in a position to catch more light from car headlights, or a streetlight, porch light, etc?

I've always wondered how cannabis can grow outdoors with moonlight, star light - when we obsess so much about *pin holes* in tents. (I really think pop breeding is causing problems. I don't know how people survived in the '70s without choco-rasberry-dream-OG. How did people survive with nothing but Jamaican and Columbian? It's mind-boggling. Wink.).

Did you look for 'bananas'?

Comment

When I get seeds in my weed. It is always because of something I did wrong.. Always.
        Last edited by kingfish; 10-05-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Well hate to say it guys but with the federal legalization of hemp this will become a more common problem. We grow hemp and the seeds available after legalization are shit. We had to cull over 2000 plants this grow season. Once the seeds become more reliable the problem will subside but for now if your outside you risk contamination from legal grows. Many cbd/hemp growers this year dont care and let males and hermied plants go. That hurts the grower and anyone else within miles.

So in short as the legal status of this plant becomes more common this issue will increase. IF you are growing outside please cull all hermied plants and remove all males. The rest of us will thank you.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, pull those males/hermies outside. When I want to do some breeding, I do it inside!

Originally posted by bigslick View Post
          Here in Colorado, "the hills are alive with the smell of pollen". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvQ4t-Nk128

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X