40 second tincture,, what?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 second tincture,, what?!?

Ok left all alone with google to do my morning reading/studying, I ran across these articles saying one could make tincture in 40 second with a hard cap nespreso machine (OK my first question is what does hard cap mean, closed/sealed chamber?). They used ISO but I would use 180 everclear, IF I was going to do this. The second question is what temp does it run, (180*F or more)? I would think all flavors/terpenes would be stripped as well, Would there be any need to decarb before or would it be done in the 40 seconds of heat? And lets not overlook the fact that it was not intended put put flammable solvent in, so there could be a safety issue with this, as in BOOM
    So whats your thoughts?

Now lets say we have made the tincture, and we want to remove the solvent from it saving it for reuse. Place the flask/jar in a small/tiny pressure cooker (I would think the smaller the better), plumb it to a larger pressure cooker with a valve between them (located close to the small pot). Now run the second to a valve then to a vacuum pump (I would use a refrigerator compressor), pull vacuum on the big pot (I would think the larger the better here), then close the valve to the pump and shut it off. Open the valve between the 2 pots and with a bit of time the solvent will move to the large pot for collection, leaving the product behind in the jar. I would also think to large a primary, and/or to small a secondary would make it take more passes to pull all the solvent out. A vacuum gauge would be good as well,,,
    Have we anyone here that knows vacuum?

What am I overlooking on these?
    Last edited by Rwise; 10-05-2019, 08:03 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X