Nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients

I have a sweet soma seedling that just sprouted on 9-19. When should I start using nutrients???

What soil are you growing in? Some soils contain a lot of nutrients, and you shouldn't feed for 4-6 weeks. (I use a light soil and begin feeding lightly the 2nd week.).

Comment

I'm using happy frog soil and I have fox farm big bloom, fox farm grow big and tiger bloom nutrients.

Comment

I've never used Fox Farm anything. My understanding is that Happy Frog is slightly less strong than Ocean Forest, and people don't feed it for 4-5 weeks. If it were me, I'd start feeding 1/8th strength at 4 weeks, and work my way up from there. But, maybe someone has used those products and can say exactly what to do.

It does seem like the mistake new growers make with Fox Farms soils is feeding (on top of the soil already having a considerable amount of nutrients). FWIW: The bag doesn't have an NPK label. But, the Washington State Dept. of Ag's database shows it being 0.30-0.30-0.05. In my experience, that's pretty strong. I use a soil that's 0.30-0.10-0.10. I only use 22% of it mixed with nutrient-free soilless medium. (That's what lets me start feeding lightly the 2nd week. If I used 100% of that soil, I don't know how that would go.).

FWIW: I worked out the Fox Farm's feeding schedule to see what NPK ratios (and PPM strengths) result from mixing the bottles per the schedule. I've attached it as a PDF. IMO, the FF schedule reduces N (as a proportion) too much too soon in flower. But, the soil may carry that. The way I grow in a light soil, FF's feeding schedule would cut N too much. But, Happy Frog may be strong enough, and contain enough N to make that work better.).
        Attached Files

Comment

I use Fox Farm Trio and have been for the last ten years. Don't give your seedlings anything but PHd water for the first 4 weeks. Then only give them half of what the schedule says on the bottle every other watering. ie. nutes, water, nutes, water. etc.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. This site has helped me so much. I didn't know shit when I started growing and I refer to this site all the time, thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X