Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get neausous from smoking, check this condition out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you get neausous from smoking, check this condition out!

TLDR - Just read the article below, all the other stuff is my experiences and it is a bit long winded

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-...-syndrome.html
    ​​​​​​
    I was searching for information as to why I have thrown up twice over 4 months after having started smoking again roughly in March and someone shared this with me. I was initially started smoking again to regulate my sleep. It was bad because of work schedule and testosterone was getting lower along with constantly being tired.

Cannabis fixed these things pretty much instantly. My energy levels skyrocketed, dropped 50lb in 12 weeks (6'3 260 down to 210) and testosterone levels are still improving, but much better. I stopped drinking soda and juice several years ago, but wouldn't say I diet vs just being more aware of how much and what I eat.

I am just rarely hungry when smoking, it's like if I WANT to eat I can very easily, but if I want to fast I can go 12 hours with no food as long as I smoke twice.

Being detailed in case others have similar experiences. So I didn't think much since I wanted to lose weight, but there was this constant slight neausous feeling in my stomach. Then one morning I wake up throwing up for 2 hours to the point I literally thought I was going to die, 2 months later it happens again. I throw up early morning, sweat bullets after, repeat for two hours. Last time was so bad I fell over and passed out on my floor walking back from the restroom.

I cut back smoking to once or twice a day max vs 4/5+. Added ginger mint kombucha and fresh ginger to my diet while forcing myself to eat soon as I wake and within 2 hours after smoking. I feel a bit better already and hopefully it improves further.

What I find very interesting is how cannabis helps you do whatever it is you desire. For example, I didn't eat much because I did not want too and I felt fine (other than the unforeseen vomiting). Last two days I decided to eat more and my appetite increased a bit and I had an amazing meal. If I want to go for a run then it can give me energy or if I choose to sleep I can as well.
    Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 09-24-2019, 10:13 AM.

Man that's a wild read.
    I've never thrown up, but I remember some first time, smokers, back in the sixties, that did.
    My Dentist, and several friends had the big C, and Jane really helped them, with their nausea.
    Great that you lost 50lbs, I bet you feel better,
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

be careful, the real issue is kidney failure due to the dehydration of throwing up

Comment

Only time I vomit or feel ill from cannabis is when I’ve been drinking alcohol BEFORE smoking. Even just 2 beer before smoke will trigger my stomach...or worse...my ass, into a sudden sense of “urgency”.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I Never messed with the liquor, thank goodness..

Website has been down for a bit, but I feel pretty good the last two weeks since making sure to eat more often and smoke less.

Comment

I've been vaping and/or taking tincture daily for a very long time, and it never makes me nauseated. I am not convinced at all by the article, which is quite vague in places. I'm not at all convinced that Cannabis causes acute nausea and vomiting.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            its not really just about that article, heres the complete info from the national center for biotechnology information, member of the US national institutes of health https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5360975/

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            9fingerleafs I will read the article, but I tend to think that this kind of "info" is spread by big pharma...

• MmmHmmml3
            MmmHmmml3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Experiences change so much from person to person. Some people get hungry when smoking and others get full. I can skip eating for several hours by smoking and it's very easy for me, not hungry at all. I use to always get the munchies and never would imagine I lose 50lbs by smoking and eating a lot of Popeye's.

I know it's not some magic thing the weed does and more of a combination effect of many different things. For example I was often tired and now I am not. The weed helps me sleep which in turn helps x, y and z.

I agree though, big pharma wants stuff spreading to sell us more pills and what not
            Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 10-10-2019, 09:03 AM.

Leafy had an article on this issue about 3 months ago.... you may try to look it up but it reads the same way

Comment

My wife who is probably the main reason I started to grow cannabis again ( relaxes her, takes away some pain from arthritis and helps her sleep) has had a couple minor bouts with nausea and did vomit once after smoking the weed. She says she smoked a little more then usual every time this happened.
            Me I can tolerate larger doses...but to be honest only use it a couple times a week to relax usually.
            Interesting articles.

Comment

Only issue I have is with coffee, if I smoke before coffee I get the back door trots! (diarrhea)
              This sounds somewhat like neem oil poisoning,,,

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                "The back door trots": I thought that was a dance in the 1920s.

It doesn't ever give me diarrhea, but sometimes it really does relax the bowels in a good way.

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually sounds reasonable to happen as a side effect of combining the two. Coffee has a natural laxative effect that some people are more sensitive to, like me for instance. I’ll need a poopin-stump within 30 minutes of finishing a coffee...guaranteed.

Cannabis, like wise, some strains are known to be appetite stimulants. I had read some cancer research a few years ago when I had a close friend rapidly deteriorating from pancreatic cancer, that they might also have a direct stimulation of the digestive tract. Add the physiological “got the munchies” effect....

So... to smoke before coffee would *possibly* cause a whole-body “hungry” stimulation (mind and digestive tract). The brain says “I need something to satiate me, STAT!” Thus prompting the stomach to churn as a physical indicator, to your sensation, that you’re body needs sustenance ASAP. To which the guts reply with “We gunna see if we can squeeze a few more calories out of last night’s dinner.” And that’s the point when your digestive enzymes are getting active from your tummy to your tushy. To put it differently...things inside you are getting “slippery.”

After all that commotion kicks into motion, some dumbass goes and drinks a liquid laxative. CHOO CHOO!! The tracks are clear and the number nine freight train ain’t stoppin’ for nothin’!!! 🤣

End result would be -to say it politely-....urgent in nature. 💩

*disclaimer: I’m not a doctor

Anyways... this was how I had analogized how it all works after reading many citations and studies. Sitting in a quiet hospital room watching my best friend quickly dying really rattled my headspace at the time.

Cheers
                YYC

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X