What bug is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What bug is this?

So getting close to harvest time....I hope anyways it's getting lots of rain here. Anyways so thought I was getting bud rot but when I opened the bud up I noticed this slug looking thing. If you zoom in on the brown you will see what I'm talking about.

Basically going to just snip those buds off for now. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? First time harvest and I don't wanna lose it! Lol

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

I'm no expert on bugs and slug, I know we used to put salt on them, when we were kids, and watch the srivel up,lol.
    But if it is a slug, which it looks like to me, they will destroy your plants.
    Nebula, has got good information on them, in her tutorials, .
    We used to have worms in our corn, sometimes, but they didn't look like yours.
    Has you leaves got slimy-silvery looking lines on some of them ?
    There's lots of ways to kill them, but you sure don't want them on your buds or plants.
    Read what Nebula says.
    And good luck with your plants.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Ya I'm not sure if it's slugs or worms. But I do know it's not good. Think they are like budworms..which cause bud rot because at first that's what I thought it was. Think I might have to pull them early or just pull of infected bud 1 bud at a time.

Also just pulled my auto flower. At midnight. Noticed aphids on bottom of it. Auto was pretty much due but I can't catch a break. Auto and other plants weren't really near each other at all..

Thanks I'll check out nebulas advice

Comment

Comment

That looks like a maggot, google up some images,,,

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Does look like a maggot. Or maybe a baby catapiller, idk
            Glad you got it out of there, how does your other buds look. Any brown spots on any of them.

It looks like you have a caterpillar in your bud. If you have an infestation you could try this stuff.https://www.urbannaturestore.ca/safe...YaAgl6EALw_wcB

It's the same ingredients as the caterpillar BT spray that they recommend here.
          Learn how to identify and get rid of caterpillars (and other little worms) and prevent them from ever attacking your cannabis again!

Comment

Yes unfortunately it's more than one. Basically gotta go thru every stock n remove them. Looks like the9 choose one bud and set up shop. So infestation I guess...as long as I get too them early I don't think I'll lose too much...also I didn't think you could spray buds?? Thanks for the link

Comment

• Geofite
              Geofite commented
              Editing a comment
              I spray my buds, I sprayed them all this past sunday for powdery mildew. Your plants are outside and the buds get soaked when it rains so spraying is basically the same as a good rain with the added bonus of getting rid of whatever is infecting the plants.

"Since BT is harmless to humans, you can use BT products up to the day of harvest!"
              Get a list of all the pesticides that are safe to use on cannabis plants up until the day of harvest. Learn which bugs each one works for!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X