Counting nodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counting nodes

When folks say “Wait until the 5-6th node to top,” do they mean wait for the 5-6th node to peek out the top, or do they mean wait until the 5-6th node has fully developed?
    I can see the 5th and a little of the 6th on my Six-Shooter, and I’m wondering if the time has come?
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

As I understand it, a node is defined as a branch with new growth developing in the crotch (branch and stalk). I start counting from the first of those at the bottom, and I don't count the upper-most growth as a node until it has growth in its crotch.

I'm sure there are growers who count differently. Which means it probably doesn't matter much how you do it.

It seems to me if you don't let the top-most node develop enough before topping it, you'd be "fimming" it. You'd be pinching through the developing growth, not clearly cutting a developed stalk(?).

Comment

• az2000
      az2000 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cutting above the 3rd node, it probably doesn't matter much how developed the 5-6 node is. I wait till I see growth in the crotch of the node. (I guess because a node is defined as having that growth.). But, since you can choose between the presence of a 5th and 6th, I think it's safe to say the 6th could be emerging and not fully countable (the way I count). If I were you, I'd wait till the 5th has some growth in the crotch. (I like waiting a little longer for the 6th to develop because, ultimately you're letting the 3rd note's growth develop more. It will have a better start when cut.).

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yours is ready, leave a little stem, above where you cut.

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, guys!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X