First time grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grow

Im not sure about what strain or kind of seeds i got just one i picked up along the way thought i would test it out just in case i mess up.

The light is a 600w LED soil is miracle-gro the tempature/humidity is staying around 75.1 F/54%
    and the pot is 3 gallon

Its 3 week old from when i started it under 18-6 light kind just curious when i should switch the light 12-12 and the leaves seemed kinda yellow in the middle
    Last edited by GrowThatBud; 09-21-2019, 04:50 PM.

Looks good from what i can see. People will always tell you to take a picture in actual light though not the blurple it is hard to see. Also should fill us in on your grow, like what kind of medium, temps and humidity, what strain and kinds of seeds, need some info. Welcome though and good luck

Comment

Hi GrowThatBud...I'm kinda new here as well. That looks like a very healthy plant. I have two plants that are days away from harvest. They looked just like yours at one point.

What Anuenki said. Can you tell us about your grow set up? lights, tent, fans, etc? soil, coco? What strain of bud? Is this plant in it's forever pot? If so, you might want to raise the plant to nearer the top of the container. BTW, what size is the pot?
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Im not sure about what strain or kind of seeds i got just one i picked up along the way thought i would test it out just in case i mess up.

The light is a 600w LED soil is miracle-gro the tempature/humidity is staying around 75.1 F/54%
        and the pot is 3 gallon

Its 3 week old from when i started it under 18-6 light kind just curious when i should switch the light 12-12 and the leaves seemed kinda yellow in the middle

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome GrowThatBud this will give you the education you'll need to grow indoor weed. Is anyone helping you with your plant are you on your own just guessing at it? First are you looking for comments and advise?

I'm using a 600w LED grow light and it's my 3rd grow it's a full spectrum I have found that if you keep your light 12" from the top I'm growing 2 Indica plants the strain is a breed that's not listed a local grow company here in Oklahoma has made there own.called smoklahoma gold I got the seeds from a bud I got from them 😂. My soil is from my last tow grows Wich is now full of different nutrients that I have a day to it to bring back the nutrients because they have all been flushed from it which is a Coco and topsoil mix with a few other things in it to help poor air my grow space is 3ft by 3ft by 6ft my last grow I did for plants and it was very crowded and I only ended up with 4 oz of complete cured really good stuff but like you I am still a beginner and learning

Comment

Unless your plant is an auto you can leave it in veg for as long as you want. If it's an auto you don't have to worry about switching the light cycle. But, when you switch to the 12/12 keep in mind that your plant will stretch to about half as high as it is when you make the switch. For instance, my two indica girls were in veg from sprout on April 14 to July 14. They were about 3' tall when I made the switch on July 14. After they stopped the flowering stretch they ended up being about 5'6" tall. The canopy completely fills my 2x2.5x6.5 tent, and I did not do any type of plant training. Based on how the trichomes are looking I'm just just days away from harvest (I hope).

Your temp/humidity look right inline with my set up and I have had zero issues. My girls are in 3 gallon cloth pots with no sign of being root bound. One thing thing that did happen is one of the plants started growing roots out of the side of the main stalk. I learned on this forum that I needed to add more grow medium (soil). I added soil to the absolute limit of the cloth pots and that took care of the issue.

I'm in the same boat as you in not knowing exactly what strain I'm growing, other than my plants are an indica strain. I learned, also on this forum that I should look at the seed supplier for the characteristics of the plants as they grow. I will do that going forward.

Last edited by golfnrl; 09-21-2019, 06:55 PM.
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I just got back from the dispensary where I had purchased the buds that I got the seeds from and I asked the question what's straind made this plant called smoklahoma gold. He looked it up in his computer on their strands and he says it is AK-47 and Acapulco gold. And he said it was a sativa dominant where if you look in my pictures it says indica. If you know where you got your seeds from and what it came from you could always find out what kind of parents it had just takes a little research and asking the people where it came from truly I just finished harvesting a month ago I have one tent I do heating and air plumbing for a living so my tent I could keep humidity in or out with no problem don't even need a dehumidifier and trust me outside of my tent right now is about 75% humidity inside my tent it's perfect looking at 56 percent humidity sitting at 72 degrees Fahrenheit I've had no issues with bugs so far with my first two grows and Hope none to come. My last two grows we're clones that someone had gave me from a grower that I know and I took on these plants. My first grow was just one plant and it was a platinum cherry pie. That one turned out okay for my first grow not the best lots of learning curves. My second one was God bud, Platinum gorilla glue, and girl scout cookies. Did very successful out of the three plants I turned out 4 oz this time I am growing from seed and not taking on any clones too much of a hassle when you get something from someone else. No Auto. Would like to grow a auto though and sorry for the wrong number of plants on the thread before this this one has the correct number of 3 plants not for plants
            Last edited by Skeeg; 09-21-2019, 08:11 PM. Reason: Miss spelled word's

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X