Making Hash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Hash

put a load of shake in a large container filled with Everclear (190 Proof). How long do i have to soak a cheesecloth bag of shake to extract the thc? Trying an evaporative process to hopefully wind up with some pretty good sludge. I think i have 3-4 loads to soak before draining off most of the Everclear.

Put it in the freezer for two day then take it out and shake moderately for three consecutive minutes, then running through the cheesecloth .When you evaporate the Everclear make sure to use a Flat Glass surface that is easy to scrape with a razor blade.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Freeze Your everclear for 48 hours and trim in separate jars. After that wash for 5 min and you will have the best golden color everclear. After the everclear evaporates you will be left with a nice dark honey colored resin. I would get a source turbo if you do this a lot. Saves a lot of money in everclear because it reclaims it so you can use it again. You can also do a second wash of your material to get whatever the first wash didnt get. First wash will get 70-80 % of the thc. Longer soaks just strip the chlorophyll, fats, waxes and lipids which does nothing for you.

I've never done trim so cant guarantee no chlorophyll will make it into final product. I like to freeze fresh trim and make bubble hash. I use qwet (quick wash ethanol) extraction on my buds and then put it through source turbo to make either tinctures or smoke able hash oil. If you plan on smoking please give it time to evaporate all the remaining alcohol.
      Last edited by Cloud; 09-19-2019, 12:04 PM.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

First Pic of one of my best washes. The pic with oil is my first batch ever and I was to impatient to let everything freeze. Since then it's coming out more golden everytime.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Can you do this with ABV (obviously not the trichome freezing part, but the everclear extraction and evap). I’ve got ounces of the stuff and I don’t use it. Because of one of the meds I’m taking, edibles don’t work for me. Can I use the resin like wax in my pax 3?
          Gorilla 3x3
          LEC 315
          Kind Soil
          Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            $700! No can do! I’d just get a rosin press for that much money

• Cloud
            Cloud commented
            Editing a comment
            Rosin is good but you can do more with oil made from the source. Rosin got to much junk in it and you have to winterize to get it out. Which is basically soaking with everclear and freezing :/. I have a rosin press and source turbo and really only time i make rosin is when i dont have any oil. Got my source for 600 btw and did i mention how much other stuff you can do with the source! You can make essential oils and make lotions.

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Huh, I thought rosin was supposed to be a really clean product? Guess I need to research more. I’d love to turn my spent bud AND my trim into extract.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X