Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! New grower, WPM treatment killing my girls!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! New grower, WPM treatment killing my girls!!

Hi, everybody. New to growing my own medicine, on only my second crop. Made a lot of mistakes first time around but was still pleased with the results. Started second grow from seeds, learned from first grow mistakes and everything was going great...until I had to go out of town for a week. Left "babysitters" detailed instructions but we had an unusual hot spell that not only heated up the house but cranked the humidity in my little grow tent to over 80%. Came home to find White Powdery Mildew totally covering just one plant(ofcourse, it was the biggest with the most budlets!). Rushed out to the grow store and bought a commercial fungicide, took her outside and coated her. less than an hour later, the plant looked awful! Droopy, curly leaf edges, just sad. So I decided that the store bought stuff was just too "chemically", found some of the more natural remedies. Used the weak baking soda/RO water on the remaining plants right before lights out and thought all would be good. Next morning, found all the girls in the tent, spotted and what looked like burnt areas everywhere! Sugar leaves have almost all curled weird, all the pistals have turned dark brown and shriveled up. I immediately remisted them all with just plain RO water to try and clean off any left over baking soda but they all just look terrible. Ironically, the one plant that I used the store bought stuff on has completely rebounded and looks gorgeous, even being outside with some pretty cold nights and away from the grow lights!! My questions are these: Any hope for the girls in the tent? Should I move the first plant back into the tent and continue to harvest? I live in Michigan where the weather can turn on a dime. Thank you in advance.

Can you include some pictures? Also, you should avoid spraying the plant with harsh chemicals during flowering. I hope those buds are safe to smoke. I’ve heard spraying plants with milk can help combat WPM, but I don’t know anything more about it. Sorry! I’m sure someone will chime in.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Yea I personally wouldn't spray any Chems on the plant during flowering
      but at the same time in a panic your not really left with much to do
      sometimes if caught on time u can stop it but once it hits the buds or it’s just too much on the plant alone it would just keep spreading with those spores good
      luck keep us posted I’m sure we would all like to know the outcome
      post some pics if possible
      cheers

Comment

I will be the guinea pig i guess....i used water/milk mix 9/1 for all of flower.. Used Safers Defender for veg but didnt want fungicide or pesticide on my buds. Sprayed them every three days or every water or whenever i see any trace of it. Do it out side and let them air dry. im in the same growing area unless your up in the thumb.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Comment

Daughter helped me get a pic on here. This is the girls in the tent that I used dilute baking soda/water solution on. They were misted good right before lights out and by the morning, this is how they all looked. The buds seem to have stopped growing at all, pistals are just shriveled brown clumps, sugar leaves feel very stiff.

Comment

Wowza Wozzie, that doesnt look good...if it were mine i would probably take it outside and spray off everything with just plain water..see if you can rinse off any remaining baking soda. (maybe your mix was too strong?) I just switched from milk/water spray over to a mixture oldjarhead is using 1 tbl spoon baking soda 3 tbl spoons canola oil and 1 tsp dish soap in 1 gallon of water. Sprayed my plants yesterday outside and let them dry in the breeze. they didnt seem to mind it at all. Hope you get it straightened out. hg
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

I too have this problem this year, I am using "trifecta crop control", it is essential oils mostly, can be used the entire grow, it is also costly. But it seems to be working! Also fights bud rot and bugs.
                A friend is simply washing WPM off with water, IDK how effective that is,,,,
                Can you drop the RH in your grow area? And add air circulation? I have a big ass fan on my outdoor girls!

Comment

Thanks to everybody for all the input. Homegrown, that is exactly what I am starting to suspect, that I mixed it wrong. All three that I used it on have just kinda halted, not dying but not growing either! Question: the guy at the grow store told me the fungicide he gave me to use was safe for tomatoes, cukes, grapes etc. and since I was just starting week 7 of flower, it would be ok. Even though she looked so bad after I used it on her, she has totally rebounded and all her buds are growing and look amazing even after being kicked out of the tent and tossed outside! I vape my herb, is she safe? Right now it looks like that one will be the only one that produces anything. I have no hope for the remaining 3 that got the baking soda misting, they just seem to be a lost cause. So sad to lose them all this close to harvest.

Comment

• s62
                    s62 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man, I hate to be that guy, but I would NOT think it safe to smoke that bud, if you hit it with fungicide. That shit is no bueno. Could be wrong, though.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X