GJ2: Updates on a couple of grows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GJ2: Updates on a couple of grows

This is just going to be a more unofficial grow journal for me to track progress of my grows. Currently have a wonder woman and strawberry cough outdoors. WW in the ground, SC in a 10 gallon pot w/ fox farm ocean. I am in northern New England and October can be...wet. Had to chop real early last year from bud rot but so far the weather is really great. The strawberry cough is probably 2-3 weeks ahead of the wonder woman so I am hoping with tarps if needed, I can get a nice haul. These were started 5/20 inside and moved out 6/10 or so.

The inside grow is 2 clones from the SC, 1 from the WW, and a Dark Star I traded a guy for. These were my first clones and they are all growing quite vigorously. I also have a new 260w Niemi quantum board and it's MUCH better than the older Vipars. Clones were put in rapid rooters around 8/3 and moved to soil around..8/15 or so. Playing with different training styles. The two SCs I am trying what Nebula does by topping above the 5th or 6th and letting the rest go up. The WW was topped and LSTd because it is growing so well. The Dark Star is sort of ...topped and LSTd and just doing its down thing. The clone shape was a bit weird when I got it and now it's a small bush. Just took some leaves off the other day, probably going to flip to flower soon just so I don't run out of space. 4 in this tent may be a bit much.

2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Fans in tent for airflow
    1 x 260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H
    Fox Farm Ocean Soil
    Advanced Nutrients (3 'core' plus Big Bud, B-52, Overdrive)e
    3 gallon fabric pots
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Very nice garden you have there. Some strong little ladies in the tent. Hold them down well looks like crossing my fingers you'll rein them in
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Frost warning tonight wtf! Bit early even for my neck of the woods. Hopefully a sheet thrown over will suffice
      2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
      260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Few updates here. Had to cut down my outdoor strawberry cough early because the bud rot would not stop. Probably could've used a few more weeks but not worth the losses. Had some aphids on them and I panicked a bit and rinsed it all. Appears to be drying fine now. My indoors tent has WPM (pretty sure it came from a clone I traded for). It seems to really prefer the strawberry cough so I highly defoliated it and cut it down since I have so much from outside (but wanted to do an indoor vs outdoor comparison). I tried water and hydrogen peroxide to no avail. Now trying Green Cure. Sprayed all the plants and the whole tent,and vents. If it isn't gone in a week or two, I am going to ditch the strawberry cough and make room for the other two and hope that solves the issue. Don't know how people grow more than 2 in a 2x4x5!

Edit: Wonder Woman outdoors has a decent amount of bud rot but it's too early to harvest and too much to keep cutting out. Going to just let it run its course and hope maybe there is some at the end
        Last edited by WizardsNThings; 10-07-2019, 12:32 PM.
        2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
        260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Updates!: The strawberry cough I had to cut down early yield 4.51oz. Not bad but really wish I could've let it go another 3 weeks and beefed up. It's quite potent! Indoors, I am cut down my tent to two plants. It was just becoming too crowded.Green Cure seems to have done the trick for the WPM. Haven't seen it in 2 weeks. The Dark Star is starting to get some purple sugar leaves and looks to be entering the beef up phase. Wonder Woman, which I just haven't been able to train because it grew so fast, is pretty far behind. Seems to have a long flower. The leaves on this one are also turning purple but there are a lot of leaves curled down at the tips. Not sure exactly what is going on here, maybe a pH imbalance. I only water once a week with nutes, sometimes a second 4 days later but they haven't really needed it.

The Dark Star could be much larger but I had 4 plants originally and cut 2 in flowering so I'm stuck with what they are. Should still be decent yield. Open to any advice on those leaves on wonder woman
          Attached Files
          Last edited by WizardsNThings; 10-23-2019, 07:49 PM.
          2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
          260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Well, I thought the WPM was gone but it's back. I should've kept applying every 2 or 3 days just to be sure. Lesson learned. Stripped move leaves and reapplied. I'm going to have to do a full disinfect after this grow and am not looking forward to it. I'm sure I can find other sites with posts but if anyone had a guide or recommendations I'd happily take a look. Tempt are around 71/72 and RH 48-52.

I'm now reading mixed things about harvesting plants after WPM. Should cut down immediately vs. be very thorough and it's fine to let grow. The wonder woman is too early to cut. Dark Star I could do if need be. Should I let the spray dry for the next few days then just cut and run?
            2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
            260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X