Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering after topping

How long after topping can i start 12/12

i think a few days is enough for the shock to pass, maybe a week. you can top at any time and the plant will try to recover every time, but you want strong grow tips going into flower, so wait a few days until you see growth again

Comment

Another unrelated question. Can you germinate rapid rooters in their final container

Comment

• az2000
        az2000 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I used to do that. However, I don't use the pre-made hole. It think that's for a stem (clone). I used to turn it upside down, poke a seed-sized hole, bury it in the container full of soil. I my new hole was too open on top, I would pluck/shred some rooter material from around the edges and drop it over the seed.

It worked great. But, I got tired of the expense of Rapid Rooters (I think I was using Root Riot, or something.). I bought Jiffy pellets. I soak those in a bucket, cut the netting, and save the fine peat material. (I think Jiffy pellets are too dense, stay too wet too long. And, I felt the netting interfered with the roots. So, I harvest the fine peat material, and crush some perilite to a sand consistency, and mix that about 50/50. I scoop out a tablespoon of soil from a container, replace that depression with this Jiffy-perlite mix, and plant directly in that.).

I try to time final topping to be a week before flipping but 3-4 days is probably fine
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X