Hydroponics grow, Leaves are turning yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydroponics grow, Leaves are turning yellow

Hi, this is my third attempt to grow some clones. Other two died in less than a week... I got some Dosi clones 3 days ago and put them into DIY bucket system.

They came in a nice rockwool that I put on top of some clay pebbles and cover with more. I have two pumps, with two air-stones for each plant(can't be too much O2, right?) The water level is high right now, touching the bottom of net pod and pebbles, creating bubbles. When I got the clones, roots on both of them just sprouted through the wool. The rockwool if wet to touch, bu top clay layer is dry, I moist it few times a day, so they wont suck out the goods from rock wool. Water temp is 72-74. I try to keep the room temp is 72-75F range, and humidity around 50-60%. I'll provide the log below. Right now my plants are under 400w dimmed to 250w MH light with constant air exhaust(inline fan) running. Plants are 38 and 40 inch away from the light(assuming they are not ready yet). Also, there is a little humidifier next to plants, I fill it few times a day with RO water. The reservoir is about 2 gal, water is RO as well, with a bit of different nutes(details bellow). The ph is stabilized so far, around 6, with ppm around 200(details below). So it's been 3 days, light, fan, pump, and humidifier run 24/7. I started noticing leaves getting a bit darker and, in the same time, having yellowish edges. I cant figure out what that is, since it looks like Nitro/Copper deficiency or Heat stress, or light too close...

Nutritions:
    FLORA3 - 1ml/ea
    CalMG - 0.5ml
    Root Started by GH - 0.5ml
    Hydroguard - 2ml
    GH Floralicious - 5 drops(about 1/4ml)
    DAY 1:
    Added all nutes + PH Down
    PH: 5.89 PPM: 172
    DAY 2:
    2:45pm
    PH: 6.86 PPM: 196
    added PH Down ->
    PH: 5.5 PPM: 195-198

2:45am
    PH: 6.00 PPM: 196

Tent. temp: 71-75˚F
    Humidity: 53-68%
    Water temp - 72˚F

DAY 3:
    2:45pm
    PH: 6.07 PPM: 197

Tent. temp: 71-75˚F
    Avg. temp - 74˚F
    Humidity: 45-84% (no idea when it was 84, no for long thou; 45 is when I open the tent)
    Avg. Humidity - 55%
    Water temp - 74˚F

2:23am
    PH: 6.16 PPM: 200
    Did a water change

3:27am
    Added 2 Gallons of water with
    Flora 3 2.6 ml/each
    CalMg 7ml
    Rapid Start 1/2ml
    Hydroguard 4 ml

!moved light closer(now it's 26-27" away)

PH: 5.71 PPM: 352

Tent. temp: 67-78˚F(Avg. 74-75˚F)
    Humidity: 45-84% (no idea when it was 84, no for long thou; 45 is when I open the tent)
    Avg. Humidity - 50-60%
    Water temp - 74˚F

I will upload more pics and updates today!

Please help! I changed water in my reservoir. Added nutes, ppm was 350, after 12+ hours it dropped to 330. I got my light closer(21-22" from plants) and a added oscillating fan. My PH meter broke that night, so I'm waiting for new one and had to use reagent Here are pics, please help. It looks like one plant suffering more than the other one, thou they are clones from one mother...
    P.S. I'm still waiting for roots to pop through the net pod, but it's clear so far.
    P.S.S. If nobody will reply I will try to add just RO water with no nutes in case it's nutrient burn...

Comment

How are the roots looking?

Comment

If this clone was taken from the mother less than a week ago then expect it to look sick for a bit. They sometimes look like they are dying because they have no roots, as long as you keep the root zone moist not soaking they will eventually grow roots.These look good to me, imo though i would make sure im doing a very weak nutrient solution like the one on the website cause they dont need much nutes at this stage. I would do calmag and ro at first (maybe a very weak nute solution) to get root development then start adding nutes. too much nutes can hurt root development and thats all you want at this point. Also you need more cal mag if you use RO water. RO water it's self needs 1tsp per gal (if using calimagic) or 5 ml per gal but check the instructions on the calmag bottle.

TL;DR More calmag, less nutes, and patience

Comment

You might want to check for spider mites seeing how as you have those tiny white spots on the fan leaves like that.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X