help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

does molasses help the plant in the flowering state 2 tbl spoons per gallon?
    nature

Originally posted by nature58 View Post
    does molasses help the plant in the flowering state 2 tbl spoons per gallon?
    nature
    It does, but IMO it's overrated/overdone. Molasses contains Ca, Fe, Mg, K. And, the carbon (sugar) feeds the soil microbes (which cooperate with the roots to make nutrients available).

So, it's good. But, when you think about it: it's an expensive source of minerals and carbs. Langbeinite will supply Mg & K (0.9g/gal produces 26ppm Mg, 52ppm K). Epsom salt will supply Mg by itself (1g/gal produces 26ppm Mg). Pennington Alaska Kelp is a good source of minerals. Plus, it contains auxins from the kelp which will cause the buds to "stretch." I use it in late flower for exactly that purpose.

Ordinary granulated sugar (in the kitchen) is cheaper than molasses. During an entire grow I add a pinch to every gallon of nutrient solution, just to help the microbes thrive.

Unsulpherd molasses would be a convenient way of doing that. You pay more. But, it's easier than measusing grams of things. But, try Pennington Kelp in late flower sometime. I'm not the only person who's noticed it "dense" or harden buds. I think it has something to do with the auxins. (I used it in veg a couple times and noticed strange stretch, which suggests auxins.).

EDIT: By the way, I think molasses is typically used in late flower.
    Last edited by az2000; 09-16-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

1 tsp per gallon .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X