Auto's vs. Feminized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto's vs. Feminized

Good morning! I'm just now starting to plan out my next grow. I'll be using coco (for the first time) in 7.5 gal cloth. Am I correct to believe that auto's start flower "when they want " and the feminized seeds start when "I tell them to" (change the lighting) ? If so, is there anything else that I should know about feminized seeds. Btw, this is an INDOOR grow.

Also my seed choices are Cheese, Blue venom and Gorilla Glue. I like the idea of Gorilla glue due to the reputation of what I've heard is a higher yield but I'm also concerned because it can get tall and my space is a closet for now.

Thanks in advance
    Duane

You are correct! How much height will you have in your closet and how strong is the light?

Comment

Duane, you’ve almost got it right. It’s “auto” vs “photo”, not feminized. Both autos and photos can be feminized. It just means the seed is guaranteed (for the most part) to produce a female.
      Autos transition to flower when they feel like it. Photos require you setting their light schedule to 12/12.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

The closet is 81/2 feet wide, 22" deep and 10 feet high. I have grown auto's before and my lighting for them has been 400w MH for veg and 400w HPS for flower. I've only grown one plant at a time...I tried 2 once but neither plant did well

Comment

• RFheavy
          RFheavy commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds like a nice sized area to get a full feminized plant going. Could get some decent yield in the 7.5.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X