Blue roots -DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue roots -DWC

Yesterday I did a full water change on my 4 plants. Today when I went to check the pH I noticed one of the girls has blue roots. Approx 10% of the roots. Same blue color as the nutes, but everything was mixed very very well. That rules out that the nutes were concentrated on a side wall or the bottom of the pail.

Is there something I should do?

cheers
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

I've found over time your roots will get "dyed" by your nute solution, esp if it has a noticeable color. Mine is a red color so my roots tend to turn brownish red. Juts make sure you dont have root rot, but that looks and smells different. If it's the same color as your nute solution but healthy looking i dont see a cause for concern. If roots start getting slimy and look rotten then you got a problem

Comment

Ditto what Tersky says: and it also could be the roots absorbing more of one salt at a specific pH...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I just checked them again and the blue is not as noticeable.

This plant is the runt of the litter. Here’s a pic of the runt and her big sister. Both are the same strain, but one is definitely a different phenotype or is just stunted. No preflower buds anywhere, but her 3 sisters have tiny flower buds with pistols growing.

Big Sis has 10 branch nodes...Little Runt has only 6-7 branch nodes. All seeds were germinated/planted/fed/lighted the same. (July 24)

Weird? Right?!

Cheers
        YYC
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X