Flipped the switch this morning! HLG550 V1 QB talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flipped the switch this morning! HLG550 V1 QB talk

This is my third attempt at hydro. First two grows went smoothly but my plants always looked like a sea urchin. Round with spikes everywhere! I decided to go pretty aggressive with my defoliation on this grow. The pluck or tuck rule was out as all I did was pluck. "Heavy yield is nice and all but let's try and make this thing pretty for once" was my goal. I wanted to veg another half a foot or so but pressure from friends(my excuse for being too weak to hold off on flipping) forced me to get the flowering started. Any advice is definitely appreciated and most importantly, I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys. With that being said...Weather forecast predicts snow in Hawaii in a couple months!

edit: Made a video for Mr. Furley but everyone is welcomed to watch! haha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsc...ature=youtu.be
    Post with 0 views. grow time
    Last edited by RFheavy; 09-15-2019, 12:03 AM.

RF, I think she looks awesome. I just flipped recently and it never ceases to amaze me how they take off 10-14 days into flower. It's not just the height they gain: they send up a lot more colas, many of which make it to the top and are good to go.

I did the pre-flip defoliation two weeks ago, and yesterday I had to remove quite a bit of leafage. There was so much growth going on that it had to be done. I am learning a lot about defol, which I really like a lot.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      I should really be more aggressive with hydro because they grow so fast. That's what I love about hydro. There's always something to do in the garden. I'll definitely try and keep this plant a bit tighter with the haircuts! Great food for thought!

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey all, may i pick your brain for a bit? How high do you get your ppm during flowering? On my last grow, I went to 1300 and my tips were frying. I've read that I could raise it to 1500?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      RFheavy I don't even measure PPM because the instructions I have for measuring nutes for my reservoirs leave me with absolutely no problems (Future Harvest nutes: I love them). At this point, plants are drinking a lot of water, so I replenish with plain water, which I consider a mini-flush. Otherwise, I flush every few weeks for 24 hours, and they always love that.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X