Mother Earth Coco (with perlite)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother Earth Coco (with perlite)

I'd like to start my next future grow using the Mother Earth Coco. As far as I know this one doesn't need prepping. I've all around but I can't seem to find any type of feeding schedule. I have the General Hydroponic nutrients. Do I water/feed every day or every other day? Thanks

check out this page https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...s-schedule.pdf

Comment

better to feed consistently every watering

Comment

I wouldn't trust the not needing prepped advertisements. Honestly you can use the cheapest ass block of Coco coir. I personally use cocotek by general hydroponics. It's super easy to buffer. Took me a 5kilo block to fill 5 , 3 gallon pots. After adding 40% perlite. you can buffer with regular water first and then do a final soak in calmag water. Maybe these pictures will help. I'm using gh nutes.

I've heard of people having problems with the supposedly pre buffered Coco. Good luck and hope this helps.

Comment

• Weed Pharma
          Weed Pharma commented
          Editing a comment
          I have used Mother Earth Coco for many grows and you can trust that is prepped to perfection, as I tested it each time until I got bored doing that. lol
          I really like CoCoTek!!
          I used it with Mother Earth coco and never had to buffer or adjust nutrient pH etc.. (my tap water is between pH 5.5-5.8 depending on the time of year).

Currently, I have two plants growing in Roots Organics Original and using CocoTek (2x week) with great results, (wk#4 bloom).

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          I am having problems with my mother earth plants. Have 2 in Mother earth and 2 in 2 in cyco coco perlite so i dont trust the prepared thing either. I mean the plants in the other coco are at least 3 times bigger after the second week. Im thinking of throwing away my mother earth tbh and going back to the cyco.

Also btw ... The first 3 days after the seed sheds its helmet head - you should water one time a day ... after the third or fourth day you can start fertigating twice a day...1/3 of the way in the grow I go 3 to 5 times a day if possible but never less than 2 fertigation events everyday

Comment

I am not having good success with the mother earth compared to my old coco. Probably going to switch back. Got it because it was recommended but my plants in mother earth coco are 3 times smaller than the old coco. Not doing anything different really. Full disclosure, i may have forgotten to charge the mother earth but also the mother earth seems to retain more water than the old coco with the same coco/perlite percentages which has been giving me fungus gnat problems. Not really a fan of Mother earth coco.

Comment

Mother Eath coco/perl 2 on right Cyco Coco/perl the 2 on the left. Both 70-30 coco-perlite. All planted same day, same nute schedule ect. Could be the strain (bruce banner on left sour d on right) but ithey still seem to be stunted.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X