Yellowing in flowering normal or issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing in flowering normal or issue?

Soil: 75% coco, 15% perlite, 10% worm castings, pH runoff is 6.6, rapitest soil meter says: fert 5, pH 6.4, temp 74°.
    Water: fox farms trio, half recommended dosage per gallon once per week, pHed to 6.3-7.
    Light: 600W full spectrum LED from MarsHydro, 12/12 cycle, 12in from highest cola.
    Idk if you can tell from the pictures but the buds are about the size of dimes right now. It was about this big in veg and my dog ate about half of it while I was in the bathroom, I was able to keep it in veg for an extra month to try and get some growth back. I know yellowing leaves is normal towards the end of the life cycle but I am currently only 19 days into flowering. Half of the pistils have turned brown and about half of the trichomes are white now. I know it's too soon for the buds to be done but I'm pulling at straws. I've just started and this is the best I've gotten so far, I'd hate for it to die right at the finish line! Even if you tell me I'm just being worrisome and it's fine, a second opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Yellowing of leaves is normal in the final stages of flowering but it looks to me Like you have a bit of light burn. I see it in all the leaf tips and on the tallest cola, it looks like even more. The color of the lights makes a good look at it difficult in these pix

Comment

Thank you! Here are some better pictures to better assess the issue. While light burn seems like an easy pick for yellowing leaf tips, the yellowing/dying leaves are all around the plant. Not so much in any one particular area. The strain is Green crack if that helps at all.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Nute burn over watering looks like it might be?

Definitely got some light burn there. Move the light up a bit if you can. What are temps in the room? A bit of yellowing of the bottom leaves is normal but you shouldn’t really see any significant yellowing until week 8+. Some of the other leaves look like they’ve got a tiny bit of nute burn so I wouldn’t up the nutrients at this point. Good luck with it.

Comment

I don't know if you can tell but the tallest cola does not have any yellowing leaves, not nearly as bad as the others anyway. That's why I am so frustrated. If it were light burn the highest cola would be dying before any of the others and it's not at all. Thanks for the reply though.
          temps are: soil: day: 77°, night: 74°, air: day: 86°, night: 68°

Comment

Here are today's pictures. 20 days into flowering.
            temps: soil 77°, air 86°. Moved the lights up to 16in from tallest cola. You'll see the single cola pictures are of the tallest. Yet it has less yellowing tips than the lower two cola.
            Hopefully the pictures come in clear enough to see, the top buds pistils are 70% brown and the lower two buds are about 50%.
            My uncle came to look at her; he is stumped as well. Disagrees with light burn. His best guess is that because it is an autoflower that was forcefully kept in veg for an extra time, it's stressing the plant and therefore completing its life cycle much faster.
            supposedly this is a type of stressing some growers use as a way to finish plants quicker. I just happened to do it by accident.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Id raise my light about 6-8inches, if mine.
              Never heard of keeping an auto in veg, for a longer period.
              They flower when they want too, all by themselves.
              GoodLuck
              Looks like they might need feeding, a little more.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 has got it.. especially on the leaf burn from the top and reducing towards the bottom. Autos are like kids with a substitute teacher....they do what they want when they want to...and there is no way to get them to listen to you...😔

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X