Great article about cannabis nutrient needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great article about cannabis nutrient needs

Hey GWE I found this great article when trying to research why my plants were showing signs of cal-mag deficiency even though I felt like I was giving plenty.

I won't claim to understand the entire thing but wanted to flag two key takeaways for me:

Too much K can lead to Ca or Mg deficiency.

"Excessive levels of one element has an antagonism against the others. For instance, excessive K will result in either a Ca deficiency or an Mg deficiency being observed in a plant. Many instances of Mg deficiency observed in cannabis may be due to excessive K being supplied and not due to the lack of available Mg to the plant."

Too much P in hydro contributes to stretch and wastes money:

"For a continuous fertilization program for plants grown in a soilless substrate, the target concentration is between 8 ppm and 15 ppm of P. Providing levels below that will result in less plant growth, while concentrations above that level provide little benefit while costing more money. Phosphorus is also the primary contributor to plant stretch. Too much P will lead to excessive internode elongation and tall plants."

Here's the full article:

Hope this helps someone!
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

I don’t run nutes, but I found that still really interesting!
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X