Is this new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this new?

Hello all, I have some Skywalker seeds that I got from a shop and planted em and noticed that the first 3 or 4 branches have male sacs, the rest of the branches are all female. Is this new cause the plant pollinates itself and only the bottom branches have seeds the rest of the plant is all bud with no loss of potency taste or smell. The seeds that come off the plant do the exact same thing. Is this new genetics? Sure would appreciate info on this subject. Thanks

This is very bad the entire plant could be loaded with seeds. Post some pics pls.

Comment

But that's what I'm trying to say is that above the 4th or 5th branches there are no seeds all sensi only the bottom of the plant produces seeds. The new seeds do the same thing.Never seen this before and I've grown a few crops. They look male for about 3 to 4 weeks then all of a sudden pistils start like I said at 4th or 5th branches and only pistils all the way to the top. No bananas and doesn't look like hermi at all. Really weird. Sorry about pics need to start new crop.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very strange! I’ve never heard of such.

Yeah very strange indeed. Well hopefully someone here knows what's up. Maybe some new genetics?I don't know I've been racking my brain about this ever since my second grow with these seeds🤔 but I'm not going to complain cause I keep getting seeds that do the same thing and I get good medicine too. I kinda wish all plants did that 😁.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it sounds good!

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        What I read on seed is when a plant produces seed it stops making THC.
        I would call it bad genetics myself,,,,
        I have had a hermie that only produced male flowers on one bud, that was from stress (I pulled it and re-potted it)

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        He seems to indicate that the flower is good (he calls it medicine), so I’d guess the THC production isn’t being hurt too badly.

s62 is right like I said no loss of potency at all. Matter of fact the last crop I grew was the seeds from the previous crop and these babies turned out better than the last, stickier, better tasting, better smell and I used the same routine as before. Like I said guys I'm really baffled by this strain.

Comment

Also wanted to let you know that I only get about 20 to 30 seeds per plant, not everywhere just here and there and only on the button few buds. Man I wish I had some pics to share, just wasn't thinking about it. To hell with it, I'll start a seed and take pics at all stages to get in depth about this strain. Very strange guys but damn it I'll or we'll (haha) figure it out. Hopefully.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Start a new grow journal thread for it! I’d follow for sure. I’d love to see what you’re talking about, even if it grew out differently.

Sounds good, I'll start one today. By the way I use coco cause hydro is too much maintenance for me, I have nerve damage in my arms and hands so it's easier for me to do coco. Using coco loco and Advanced Nutrients grow, micro, bloom ph perfect blend and a little superthrive for transplant. Haven't had any problems with the nutrients at all, but yeah I'll definitely get started on this cause now I'm anxious about this grow haha.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tag me in your post, and I’ll sub.

How do I do that haha? I'm all new at this forum thing.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Type the @ sign, followed by my name. Like this:

Kaveman924

s62

Is that it?

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          You got it!

That's it I don't have to do anything else?

By the way I just started 2 seeds so usually pops up in about 2 to 3 days. Will start posting pics when they do. I start them in jiffy pellets with straight water then after they pop I use the Advanced Nutrients at recommend seedling dose of 1ml per liter. Also using heating pad and 24 true watts (100w rated) CFL 5000k at 2 inches away so they feel the warmth and grow towards it. That's the key to getting them to pop so fast😉. Also after they pop I'll put them in a humidity dome until they outgrow it. So yeah we'll see how it goes.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Throw that info into your grow journal thread too!

Yeah I'll figure it out as I go.

Comment

What happened did I just delete your posts? I can't see them. How the hell did I do that?

Comment

Their back haha I think my phone is all screwed up. But yeah I'll post pics soon.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X