Defoliation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defoliation

2nd grow looking for advice on trimming.
    I'm growing King Tut, GSC, Amnesia Haze and White Widow outdoors in soil. All are healthy and in 3rd or 4th week of flowering.
    So far I've just been trimming yellow or yellowing leaves and some of the largest shade leaves.
    Should I start trimming off the interior branches and small buds that won't mature and thin out the outer leaves to allow for more light penetration now or wait a little longer?
    Anything else I should be thinking about in preparation for harvest?
    Right now I'm giving them tiger bloom twice a week, waiting for tricomes to start to milk up, and then flush for a week or so and cut them down.

If you're using ff nutes, you should be using grow big & big bloom along with Tiger bloom. Especially big bloom , lolly pop your plants to get rid of lower growth that won't see the sun. Remove any leaves that are blocking sunlight but don't get to aggressive with the cutters.
    Good Luck

Comment

• Stickers
      Stickers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for advice, I'll go ahead and trim up the bottoms and thin the canopy then.
      (Thought it was time). I used Grow Big until 1st hairs, then alternated between Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom until last week when I ran out of Big Bloom. I thought I'd just finish with Tiger Bloom. Do you think that will be ok?( about 4 weeks to go)

Hi, My understanding is that you don't really need to defol outdoor plants because they get the sun from all angles. Also, outdoor plants need their leaves for protection that grow room plants don't.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

A local friend does outdoor stuff and she tops and lightly lollipops but you’re correct, they do get a full arc of the sun. They still seem to have the basic Christmas tree shape but they do yield quite a bit and they’re over 6ft tall

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X