Bowl training method x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowl training method x4

my last grow I used something called the Bowl method or Stadium method of training. This is where you top the 6th node and take the remaining 5 branches and pull them out with wires in a circle shape, creating a bowl shape in the end. You then lolipop the center and concentrate on the colas, pulling them as needed to maintain equal height, resulting in 10 thick main colas with little fluff.

imma try again with 4 plants. 3x Dinamed CBD+ and 1x Royal Queen Critical

2.5 gallon fabric pots
    Mega Crop at 1/2 strength
    Cal-mag
    SNS 604B (freebie)
    Greeenleaf Bud Explosion at flower

Last time I grew one plant this way and was a bit too strong with the nutes. The plant also had a kink in the stem that helped me out keeping it low to the ground. I'll have to recreate this with wire so the main stem is short and all 10 colas are close to the same height.

I might also top the 7th node and clip the first as this one is usually smaller. I also flowered too soon resulting in a short plant. I'll want to give this one about 4.5 weeks in veg. stretch was only about a 2 factor. I harvested early when all or most trichomes were cloudy, a few clear and as few as possible amber. The idea is to get the most cloudy as this is where the CBD is most. In doing this I lost the last week of plump. I only got 2.8 ounces. I'll do the same this time but hopefully will have more height for yield.

This time I already have a challenge with the seedlings, which is usually my problem. I used roto rooters for the fist time and just dropped the seeds in the holes. They all grew upside down, roots straight up, leaves down inside the rooter. I had to right all of them, pulling them out and re-seating the roots into the rooter. They may not all make it. pretty stupid on my part, I should have used a paper towel to germ and dropped the seeds with sprout in afterward.

Anyway, I hope to improve the process. I'll post here when I can
    Last edited by Cronk; 09-10-2019, 08:54 AM.
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Howdy Cronk, a photo of the training method in action would be helpful.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

DW2 here's a couple photos from my last grow. The thread is here https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...raining-method
      complete beginner
      39" x 39" x 78" tent
      315 Watt CMH
      Mega Crop nutes

Comment

This seems like an (almost) stress free alternative to manifolding. I’d be interested to see a side-by-side of the two techniques. Sub’d!
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll definitely check that out, thanks! Maybe by reading it, I can learn a thing or two and prevent some of the same mistakes that you made. I am doing quadlining on my current grow, which is still in seedling stage. I’m hoping I don’t mess anything up LOL

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          that's why I kept posting, it got so messed up that I figured it would help someone, haha not bad in the end though. 12 oz for 4 plants

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! That’s brilliant, mate. I hope I get 12 too!

is a 4 lamp 24" T5 enough to start and veg plants? This is the first time I'm using this exact setup. Slow going.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes Cronk perfect. Take lid off move seedlings closer to light after sprout.

SoOrbudgal Thanks. too close? I always struggle with seedlings.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Midnightfarmer
          Midnightfarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          Why do you not clone? I have problems with seeds so I clone.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have a great space for keeping plants alive year round and I'd need another tent to keep everything contained and concealed.

Originally posted by Cronk View Post
        is a 4 lamp 24" T5 enough to start and veg plants? This is the first time I'm using this exact setup. Slow going.
        Looking better at the picture sorry I was thinking it was not close enough. But 24" looks great for 4bulb. Your setup is perfect to me. You got this!
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          you're good, The first photo had is farther away. I moved it much closer in the second post. Was asking if it was too close now.
          Thanks

Looks perfecrt

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

perfect damn fingers arthritis I better take another toke

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

ok, what's going on here? I'm 2 weeks from dropping seeds and this is where I;m at. No growth since the initial sprout. Health looks weak. These roto rooters are very dense and the roots don;t seem to be penetrating downward. Is this the problem? Am I over-watering, under-watering? too little light? It's 4 24" T5 tube about 14" away.

I'm at a loss. Looks like they're not going to make it.

complete beginner
            39" x 39" x 78" tent
            315 Watt CMH
            Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Jordann
              Jordann commented
              Editing a comment
              Only thing I can think of is they weren't planted deep enough and are really taking their time to root in.

too far away imo. t5 needs real close like a couple inches .

Comment

complete beginner
              39" x 39" x 78" tent
              315 Watt CMH
              Mega Crop nutes

Comment

well, here's the update on this. I lost 3 plants and grew 1. I basically had 6 nodes pulled out straight like a bicycle wheel and grew them fairly tall. It was a large plant. I ended up with 8 oz. of CBD material. I;m not just counting the pretty top buds but all bud material on the plant since I;m cooking it all down for CBD gummies.

It was pretty easy to grow by itself int he tent but I doubt I could do more than one, maybe two like this at a time. I'll try for two next time.. I completely neglected to keep any records on this grow so all I have is these two pictures. I'll try to be better next one

BTW, I've found that mixing this plant with a kush is really a pain free situation. great for anxiety too and for just total relaxation and giddy happiness.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Cronk; 02-27-2020, 01:12 PM.
                complete beginner
                39" x 39" x 78" tent
                315 Watt CMH
                Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very pretty full plant Cronk. She looks great love her colas big bouquet Cronk I blend my dry material for the same reasons. OG kush & Durban Poison = Girl Scout Cookie lots of good blends you can make dry. I don't use any type of " calculations" for amounts just equal of each or a bit more of one or the other. Great haul

• Cronk
                  Cronk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks. lot of buds in there

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X