Let there be light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let there be light

OK - a little corny but tent #2 just went up. Very excited! Will know if I am very happy with it in a few months :-)

Much wider light spread then with my other hood which was the real goal. Had to hunt around for the 6in (discontinued)

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.27 MB ID:	335816

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	335817

Last edited by billyboy; 09-09-2019, 05:43 PM.

hey billyboy, beautiful setup. Whats the tent size? and does that monster light have a cooling fan/system built in? When do you plan to start that beauty up? homegrown
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

Man, looking good! I can’t wait to get a second tent, but that’s a little ways off.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Very nice new setup billyboy, kind of got the growing fever now ehhh? Can't wait to see what your going to fill it with
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey guys - thank for the interest! I definitely have the fever - it is a cool hobby :-)

I went with the SecretJardin DR120 - 4x4x6.5 tent. Same as the other I have. It is super sturdy and has performed well. I just wanted more light spread and the XXXL is 41x30 inches so There will be no more shadows in the corners. I can get light to the whole canopy. I went with a 1000w dimmable ballast. Did the start up and bur in last night for a few hours and man that puts off some heat. I expect to be running it @750w most of the time but since I was making the investment I wanted the 1000w option. The location of the tent gives me vent options to the outside (and intake if I want to Macgyver it a bit) so I believe I can keep the temps well managed. Especially with colder weather coming.

I am still rigging up the temp/humidity sensors, fans, timers and exhaust. It seals up so I can get a great draw and pull that hot air out (also am trying to Macgyver two 6in fans and the ductwork). I'll do about 3-4 days of testing to make sure I can manage day/night temps and humidity and then the magic beans are going into the paper towels.

Old tent will become the Veg Tent and this one will become the Flower Tent. A labor of love for sure
          Last edited by billyboy; 09-10-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X