1st time indoor grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time indoor grower

Hello, so i have been reading alot on indoor growing,and decided to purchase a 3x3x6 grow tent. but I'm still confused about how to get air into the tent. most of the grow tent set-ups i've seen, have just one fan, and it's an exhaust fan. do I purchase another fan and filter for intake, I should I use something like exhale?

A lot of people use a passive air intake, which means the exhaust fan brings in fresh air while pushing out old air

Comment

You don’t need a fan for intake. As the exhaust fan pulls air out of the tent, so too will it suck air in. You’ll want an opening for the air to come in, but grow tents tend to have plenty of those.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Along those lines...and not trying to hijack...but if you open the lower vents for air how does it seal up for the 12/12? My 3x3x6 arrived this morning so I'm in the same boat.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          The tents usually have flaps at the bottom that are either removable or able to keep open via Velcro. I keep the side flaps closed during darkness allowing air to come through the back vent and have a piece of cardboard leaning against the back so as to block light from getting into it. other than that i keep the lights off and draw the shades. i have a green lamp in my room i use for light to see in my room when it is in it's darkness cycle. I had to get creative in finding ways to block out light. I also use a bed sheet to cover the front so light doesnt leak through the zipper. Oh and i have cut 1/4 inch filters and velcro'd them to the vents to block out light as well though i havent on my new tent yet. really eliminating light is the easiest way but being creative as long as it doesn't impede air flow is how your gonna find the best way to block light in your own situation. Hope this can give you ideas!

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          My vent is up against a partially finished wall (no insulation or drywall yet). This keeps light from getting in, but there’s still plenty of room for air to be brought in.

Yes negative pressure is the answer. I have 2 tents, both are passive meaning i have a carbon filter hooked up to a fan which exhausts out of the tent creating negative pressure in the tent and with this action air is being drawn in from the vents at the bottom.

Comment

Hey s62 do you have 4 plants in your 3x3 tent. What size pots are you using & what kind of yield do you get

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            For my current grow, I’m doing 4x plants in 3 gallon pots. I’d like my yield to hit 12oz, but I’m bracing for less lol

Hello johnb1963 I was using the same size tent you have and still will but I've "outgrown" it and have a 4x4x7 for the main tent. I used my 3x3 for 3yrs of growing and have done 4 photos at a time but was learning during as I grew them. Some got to big so there's a big learning curve while trying to maintain certain strains. Try and chose carefully it helps. I loved growing 2-3 plants in 3gal pots you could use larger but remember the stretching. This is how we learn, you may want to start out with just 2 just to get a feel for what it takes. Welcome to the best grow forum here at GWE best of luck keep us posted. Peace
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

thanks SoOrbudgal, I more question, do i need to run my exhaust fan duct to a to a window, or somewhere out side the room my tent is in, or just right outside the tent?

Comment

• Tersky
              Tersky commented
              Editing a comment
              So ideally you want to vent outside the room the tent is in so the tent doesnt suck in the hot air it just spat out. I dont do that but i have a portable ac unit i use to cool the air around the tents which is needed as temps can get to mid 80's in tent without it not super hot but enough for it to cause problems with humidity ect. If you can control temps and humidity without venting outside than you can do that but just an fyi if you start having higher temps than normal. I may in the future vent into the attic but right now i cant cut holes in my ceiling.
              Last edited by Tersky; 09-11-2019, 07:56 AM.

awe, i have another question guys. I have a plant I'm growing outdoors, that i will soon be harvesting. I want to let it dry inside the tent, so my question is, should i run the exhaust fan very low, just to have air movement during the dry?

Comment

• Tersky
              Tersky commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes definitely. You want to make sure you get the rh in the right range but you also want to make sure no mold grows on the wet buds. Also you want fresh air to get to the drying buds.

• Gluteous
              Gluteous commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're going to dry that girl in your tent, hopefully you'll have your lights off. Dry them in the dark with just some subtle air movement is all. No fan directly on them.

thanks guys! this was also my first outdoor grow. can't wait to harvest. just i'm the one doing it, and not some thief. shes looking and smelling good.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome plant you have there. Were kinda old hippie growers in our house when I cut down huge plants do it in sections of branches if you can't hang em in a garage or closet. Keep a gentle flow of air, I string sections of cut branches and will swing the string when I brush pass them I check them often. You did a great job there enjoy the harvest! Getting close

damm, i went out after work to check on my girl, and found a cataplier. looked all over, only found the one, and one leafhopper, killed both of them, but notice some dead leaves on one of her buds. any thoughts / advice

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X