Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My top feed struggles to work efficiently.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My top feed struggles to work efficiently.

I have a 40 gpm pump that pulls water up a hose under 2 feet in length up to the top feed. Sometimes it works perfectly, all six holes with a small stream of nutrient mix keeping the hydroton moist. Sometimes only some of the holes pour out, sometimes none of the holes. I'll have to play with it for a while to get it to do what I want. Is the pump too strong? Too weak? I check my hydro twice a day(morning and night) and I have noticed dry hydroton and some roots in the netted pot slightly dried out but nothing too dangerous where the plant is hurting at all. The size of the hose is in the right proportion to the pump and top feed. Perhaps I need a new setup to run the hose to the top? And don't hate me for the clear tubing! haha D:

Howdy RFheavy, Not knowing how Your set up is, all I can say is that make sure that all of the delivery lines from the pump to the top drippers are the same length to help even out the flow distribution. If that is not possible, installing flow restrictions to the drippers (that have the best flow) should help even out the flow to the ones that are not getting enough flow. The restriction could be just a simple reduction in diameter of the tubing or installing an adjustable flow valve in line. I use a DIG six outlet adjustable flow manifold (available in the drip irrigation area of most garden centers) for my Bubbleponics set up. It takes a 1/2" supply and discharges thru six 1/4" lines. This may not be large enough for Your set up, they may be available in larger capacities and flow rates.
    Good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X