Lets talk about kelp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk about kelp

So I've been reading up on everything I can as far as nutrients, minerals, supplements, etc, just trying to really understand what does what. A few things really stood out when reading up on kelp.

I've come across a whole bunch of articles that suggest seeds soaked in water with kelp extract germinate faster, larger root mass, and stronger plant growth. I'm also seeing that when it comes to flowers, fruits and veggies that there is a higher yield rate.

Kelp has carbohydrates which help feed the microbes in the soil which is always a good thing.

It seems it covers alot of ground when it comes to benefits for plants but especially its ability to help plants deal with stress. It seems like it would help clones when used in a foliar spray, after topping a plant and possibly even after LST bending.

So is anybody using it and is it really as beneficial as it appears?

Subscribing to this thread! I’m super curious, especially about using it as a spray
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Hi pacodelahoya ,

Kelp, or also called seaweed, I've also been reading up on, and tried out on my just finished hydroponic grow (harvesting today) - very nice results!

Some research I found regarding the use of kelp / seaweed that convinced me to use it:

- Influence of seaweed extracts and mixture of humic and fulvic AIDS on germination and growth (of another type of seed, but I think the same applies to ours)

- Organic Biostimulants With Harley Smith, where he starts talking about kelp /seaweed, and Humic acids to increase effectiveness. ( the whole video is well worth watching completly! ):

Not on topic:
      both sources listed also reference something called Fulvic acids / Humic acids, I would suggest you read up on those. especially when used in combination with kelp / seaweed.
      the longer videos from Harley Smith on other things growing / plant nutrition / plant growth / etc... do explain things very well, as well.

I'd like to see which articles you found about kelp, please share them.

FDP
      GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
      2x CDMH 315W lights
      870m3/hr fan
      8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

That is an awesome video, very informative. Just another source talking about how awesome kelp can be. Fulvic and humic acid plus the kelp seems like a win all the way around. I definitely have alot more reading to do.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X