Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    It seems to be doing ok, the roots are just not anything I have seen before. This is the first top fed I have done, so that may be it. Going to start a couple of GS Auto's in a couple of weeks and compare. May go back to regular seeds and clones next year.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    My photo JH is a total runt, I've almost pulled her a couple of times, but then didn't. She's tiny!!!

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Back on the Journal Schedule
    Day 36
    I have a 6 gal resevoir, but only using a mix for 2 gal, works out to 1/3 recomended dosage from GH
    Actual, based on resevoir size
    Micro * * Grow Grow * *Bloom Bloom * *CalMagic Calnesium * * Planticilion Hydroguard *
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8/31/2019
    2.46 1.25 2.5 1.25 2.5 5 0 0 0 9/8/2019
    2.46 1.25 2.5 1.25 2.5 5 10 0 4 9/14/2019
    5 2.5 5 2.5 5 5 10 0 4 9/14/2019
    5 2.5 5 2.5 5 5 0 8 9/22/2019
    10 5 10 5 10 1.5 8 0 8 9/28/2019
    5 10 5 10 1.5 8 0 8 10/5/2019

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Catch up
    Jack Herer Test Grow Day 32
    And wife's chunk it in the garden Jack Herer Grow
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 10-03-2019, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Wifes throw it in the garden Jack Herer

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Day 20 for my test grow Jack Herer.
    Using 1/3 of recommended dosage currently, but will start moving up next week.
    Amazing how fast the roots developed, beginning to like the top fed system
    The bottom leaves were damaged in the process of shrugging off the helmet, it really stretch out while doing it. Once the helmet was off, it took off.
    Still out on topping it, but if I do will next week.
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 09-21-2019, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    It lived, but the bottom leaves looks a bit "Distressed" I will post on Day 21, but its doing great, reason I'm setting up the second grow but doubled up. When this one flowers, I will replace the top with a double. Should finish me up just in time to go fishing.

• alltatup
    replied
    Wow, RW, you are being busy!! It all looks awesome! Helmet head looked a bit stretched out to me... RIP...

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Building second DWC tote, for two more seeds in about 2 weeks. Should be able to harvest every 5 or six weeks, based on the wifes grow and the test above. Spitter system is working much better than having the pump inside, water temp is stable. Will need to attach the end of both hoses to the net pots. The vibration from the pump and the surging water has them pulling out once in a while.
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 09-19-2019, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    We have roots!

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Helmet head is gone, will start week one nutrients in the morning. Have no ideal what the wife is feeding hers and when.

Jack Herer Auto 8/31/2019
    General Hydroponics
    Hydro
    Reservoir 2 6 actual, 2 for calculation
    Measurements are Ml/Gal
    * Micro Micro * * Grow Grow * *Bloom Bloom * *
    Start Seed 0 0 0 0 0 8/31/2019
    Clone/Preveg 1.23 2.46 1.25 2.5 1.25 2.5 9/8/2019
    Week 1 1.23 2.46 1.25 2.5 1.25 2.5 9/14/2019

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Ran out of space on first post, here are the rest of the tote completion. I'm pretty sure there are simpliar designs, but it works for me.
    Have to simplfy the drain, to many parts and the elbow does not fit correctly, will rethink.

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    started a topic New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC

New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC

Going to try auto's this year. Address some of the issues that popped up last year.

New rebuilt totes, had to have better draining, access etc. Selected 8 gal High Rise Pro's from Hefty, but you can use anything really.

Stuck one seed in the grow block just to test, it did sprout but in the future will soak the seeds.

Used a "spitter" method of bring water up from the container until roots have formed enough to use the water in the tote. Using a spitter this year because of the heat generated from the pump.

Everything rolls out to be serviced, and poles are mounted in each corner of the roll out for netting attachment. They are long now but will be trimmed.

Currently only PH correct water and 1/4 strength GH RapidStart
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 09-10-2019, 02:44 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X