Smart Pot drainage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Pot drainage ?

Planning a upcoming single plant grow & 1st time using 10g smart pot. Guide recommends 20% runoff every watering, a series of flushes 3x container size = 30g. ..alot of water to be dealing with. Need ideas on capture/disposal, and anything else that'd be helpful. Thanks

I like using ones similar to the link I added. What i would do is buy ones that are a few inches or so bigger than your pot. Buy two of them, then after you water pick the pot up and place it in the other one and then pick up the one full of water and dump it. I always have a 5 gallon bucket (also purchased from lowes or any other hardware store) to dump the excess water in just to make it easier to pour out.
    If you buy the plastic trays make sure you get ones that are fairly thick. I bought a thin one and accidentally put down a 5G pot on the edge and it broke it.
    If you have a shop vac handy with a wet filter in it you can also just vacuum the water right out.
    Shop dotchi 10.1-in clear plastic plant saucer in the plant saucers section of Lowes.com

Comment

I water my plants in the kitchen sink in the winter - outside in the better weather days - solves disposal problem.
      Guess I wouldn't want to be picking up a 10 gallon pot much tho.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

You should achieve 20% runoff in a 10g smart pot mixed 60% coco 40% perlite with 3 to 4 gallons of water.
        Space for Rent.

Comment

I have a few of these. the tray slides out for testing runoff and I just kick/push them to the side when I need to work on my stealth bomber hydro bucket.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X