Help! possible WPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! possible WPM

hello friends, a couple weeks ago i noticed a few leaves with what turned out to be WPM. after doing some research and getting your advice, i went with the milk solution, and it seemed to work just fine, but now for the last 5 days it's been 95+ and humid, and i'm noticing white on the leaves, but i'm not sure if it's the milk residue, or WPM. what do you guys think?

Milk residue - I have the same on my leaves. I have sprayed my plants 4 times in the last 3 weeks.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

how close to harvest are you Canuck?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I still have 2 or 3 weeks or more - would really like to take these plants trichomes into the amber - harvested 3 plants last month, all 3 just a tad early cuz of WPM.
        The third plant the WPM was getting on a lot of the lower areas - hadn't read enough about it then, was only cutting off infected leaves. By a simple word called attrition one is going to run out of leaves to cut off. So - earlier than wanted harvest, although after some curing it's all pretty good smoke.
        So I read more - milk and water solution seemed the easiest for me. So far it's working - I do find the odd leaf (One today) that I think had the beginnings of WPM.
        I think the lesson here is pay attention to your grow. Sometimes a bad thing is preventable.

Just started using milk/water mix..two treatments, probably check them again today.. Found some WPM on a few lower leaves and am well into bud, didnt want to start spraying any chemicals this late. Seems to be working..there is some white residue on leaves but im ok with that. homegrown
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

thanks guys. since this is my first grow, and it's outdoors, I'm wondering if I should give the buds a wash at harvest time. I read an article, that a guy said just a simple water wash, with purified water with a high PH, will kill any WPM, and get all the dust off your buds. anyone tried this?

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I want to know if this is legit. Let’s hope someone has tried it or knows something about it.

Sorry, but...what is WPM. Of course all I could find was “words per minute”. In the 25+ books I have read in the last year, never saw this

Comment

It's 0600 here kept getting up during night we had a hell of a rain storm from midnight on. I was of course thinking of my gals outdoors which are 5wks into flower some more than others. Expected to see layed over plants and branches by the sound of the storm. We been spared this time but I walked out gave a little shake to each plant will be able to see them better later in a.m. WPM is surly on the way being it's warm and humid here. It's part of outdoor growing that come with free sun light I've dealt with it for years in PNW.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Last year a friend who is an outdoor grower had so much rain in October he did develop bud rot and last about 20% of the harvest. They called it Botrytis... Another down side to watch out for. I hope you’re adorned with abundant sunshine for the next few weeks 🙏 or at least until 🧟‍♂️🧹 Halloween 🎃

Thank you Farmall, I'm really into the downward slope now with the grow. Very watchful of disease, yes and I have in the past had root and bud rot. Had it on my giant Jack Herer sativa that went till Nov. in my greenhouse. Got mostly good bud but did have grey/brown rot on some very dense colas. I don't have any mosters this year, thought I would with one mama mia but she got hit by a bad wind fell over broke a main arm didn't recover so I amputated. She's 8ft on one side 5+ft on other, I call her " Eileen" LOL
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bwahahaha Eileen

I have some tomatoes 🍅 that are tied to 8’ stakes and they are unmanageable. I can only imagine what that tree must look like. That series of disappointments that develop when you put in so much energy and care to getting near the end is stressful. I thought about this... we are sharing the entire life of the plant from its’ birth to harvest and like any other living thing, it can pass on at any point from so many overpowering obstacles. To see it through it’s complete cycle is an experience that really benefits us in more than a few ways.

Comment

I have learned to live with the fact that I will probably lose 10% - 15% of the viable flowers I grow to bud rot or mold.

So if I grow one to completion with minimal problems - it's a win win for me.

Don't remember having a grow completed without some mishap.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Well i am.by no means a doctor greenthumb but i read online that diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide will kill fungus and white powdery mildew.

Comment

Better to prevent it than have to treat it. I’ve used it on my peonies and it eliminated the powdery mildew easily and quickly. I’ve read that tomato vines respond well to that treatment as well. If you’re indoors, don’t hesitate to insure airflow in the lower areas above the tops of the pots and gently through the canopy to prevent stagnation. It won’t need to be a big fan, just something to move the air

Comment

hey Canuck, i've been looking into a 3x3 indoor tent set-up. i've read really good things about the Optic 4 - 415w COB. how do you rate it, for full cycle use, and what do think your monthly cost to run it is?

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like it a lot - don't know how much it costs to run per month though. With the ratchet system it comes with makes it super easy to move up and down.

Last check at 15 cents per kWh, it was around 22.00 per month for 600w at the wall... I used a plug called kill-a-watt. You can program it for costs and then plug your stuff into it and it will calculate it for you

Comment

cool, thanks guys

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X