CFL grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFL grow

How does it look it's a head banger strain day 18 form sprout about 3 and a half inches. Running 3 23w 6500k cfls and a 2700k 13w CFL 5700 lumens day temps 74 to 78 night temps 68 to 71. Used buzz roots 0.0.0.7 from day 1 ph to 6.5 in a 6in pot rn. also why is the new growth coming in looking purplish reddish??

Thanks for the replys

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Real nice start on that plant. Is it an auto? If she is or not she's gonna out grow that container.

• Kingbenji
      Kingbenji commented
      Editing a comment
      Idk I got it from a bag of headbanger my dude gave me real nice smoke super heavy to be a sativa

Frankly, it looks like you’ve got it all right. I wouldn’t fret over the color yet. ... your coming to the point of topping the next level growth . The cfls make a nice light for the first 2-3 weeks of development, you ve got the 6500’s doing the work right now and can go through the entire process but you will have limits as the penetrating depth of those lights also has limits.

Comment

• Kingbenji
      Kingbenji commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I got way more lights to put in there I'm ordering a tent today be here monday a 2×2×4

I dont see the purple reddish. Looks ok to me but I am no expert. For sure though it will need a bigger container soon.

Comment

• Kingbenji
      Kingbenji commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay thanks

Day 20

Comment

Update pictures finally wouldn't let me upload for some reason week 2 day 5 or 6 I believe

Comment

• mactheman
        mactheman commented
        Editing a comment
        looking good using small CFLs lights ,,,when i tried using 125w cfls red and blue spectrum,,,buds turned out very airy ..so luck with you grow mac,,

• Kingbenji
        Kingbenji commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks I'm actually using a led light for flower I had the money so I got one 300w maxsisun

Looks like and auto she's throwing out those budlets. I think the bucks in our area are hitting the "headbanger" this a.m. Lots of noise in the woods.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I ran my autos on 24/0 until the finish then they got a sleep cycle,,,,
        With CFLs keep them trained well and the buds tighten up, short and flat is key,,,

• Kingbenji
        Kingbenji commented
        Editing a comment
        So you think my headbanger is an auto? Let's see I will not be testing 24/0 tho lol as it was a bag seed and I'll be mad asl if I harmed my plant trying 24/0

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        The Headbanger I had was auto, however it is available in photo,,,I may have to source some seed! If you have flowering on 18/6 it's an auto! 18/6 would veg a photo,,,

I just counted by the days you stated from the first post. Auto will start to flower from 3+ wks from seed. I'm thinking it's an auto headbanger or a dwarf photo?? Yes they will flower when they want. As long as there is light the auto will flower they don't give you much time to train. Hit it with all your light for sure good luck!
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Kingbenji
        Kingbenji commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm gonna update lmk what you think about the yellowing

• Kingbenji
        Kingbenji commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm gonna update lmk what you think about the yellowing

In a photoperiod garden, if a plant should fail you can toss in an autoflower with little regard for the lighting schedule because it it going to do it own thing regardless... that’s the beauty of them. They have their own plan no matter what you want to do

Comment

Yeah I'm kinda convinced my plant is yellowing and stacking and fattening up super quick I will post pics of what I mean ina sec

Comment

Lmk what you think asap

Comment

I started counting flower when I seen the first pistils out the top not from the preflowers so I might be two weeks behind with my count it might be week 5 not 3 what yall think

Comment

The changes in plant chemistry start sooner than the visual

Comment

• Kingbenji
                Kingbenji commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm confused as to what you mean? Ik the chemistry changes every week especially in flower

It starts changing in order to flower but you won’t know when that is so trying to gauge the moment when will be difficult at best

Comment

• Kingbenji
                Kingbenji commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm trying to figure out why its yellowing and so fat so early any ideas ?

The nitrogen uptake has a lot to do with it but the plants genetics caused it to flower and maybe that process has contributed to the nitrogen deficiency. I have tried feeding additional nitrogen to my supersoil grow which in theory, would not need the additional nutrient. It had helped to stalled the yellowing but also slowed the bud development at the same time. I have had two other autos do the same yellowing process and I had decided it’s just something I have no control over as these plants are on autopilot in an ideal environment. Given the development of every other specimen in that attempt, it seems to obvious and easy to just blame it on the plants own internal changes. Possibly something I did in that grow caused the nitrogen uptake issues but I have no way of knowing.

i want 40% or more amber trichomes and I wait as much as 3 weeks longer than what may be considered for harvestable plants. With that yellowing and drying of leaves, it makes it hard to maintain a viable plant while it’s looking to whither. Trimming is surely easy but I have yet to test anything grown in that manor. Depending on your ‘experimental” nature, look inside the buds with a good magnifier and see where you are in the growth time line for you. You may need to waste a small bud to cut into the center and check it out thru and thru. That’s about the best I’ve got so far, sorry

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                By the way, your photos show very very little yellowing compared to what I was referring to. Mine were 1/3 of the leaves being fall foliage yellow

• Kingbenji
                Kingbenji commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow that's alot lol but I literally read it all and understood 85% of it it's very good information you guys are really selling me on the auto stuff I'm looking to be dried and a week cured for Thanksgiving so a month to grow I looked at the trichomes I saw about 5 to 10% milky

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X