1000w led light distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! 1000w led light distance

Hey.. Im starting with some new seedlings in a few days, and I have a 1000w led light, whats the best distance to not stress the plants? I only have 2 lights and both are 1000w, and I saw that most people start with a lower light..
    Thanks

I grow my seedling in full sun outside.

Comment

And it's okay to light them with 1000w led from the beginning?

Comment

I might suggest using 1-2 23watt 6500k cfl bulbs hanging over the tops for 2-3 weeks to start the plant then switch. The plants as I know it will start off more squat and compact. They are rather cheap, low energy and a simple fixture can support as many as 6 of them. They can hang within 3” of the top of the plants. Click image for larger version

Name:	EF88FDC0-412C-4594-BA36-C40C8368879D.jpeg
Views:	317
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	335053

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried using 600watts of led and the seedlings grew poorly. If you’re planning to do it, start around 24” and adjust accordingly. Watch for signs of leaf burn or lanky tall spindly growth. And what the hell, whatever works for you is the way to go... we all seem to get different results

I set my 1000wts marshydro around 12 to 18 inches away from them at all times.. growing a treat . .

Comment

Heres proof . 12-18 inch they grow like weeds :-)
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok I'll start with 20 to 24in from the plant and see how they' ll behave, thanks for the help

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X