Honey bunches of buds! Idea for an experiment need thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey bunches of buds! Idea for an experiment need thoughts

I always like trying new things an experimenting with the plants with cheap easy ways to grow. Im making a compost tea with mowed grass some dying mint in my garden and banana peels along with some coffee grounds and some honey to feed the microbes. I was reading the back of the ingredients to honey bunches of oats cereal and pretty much all natural all sorts of grains minerals and beneficial vitamins along with sugars to feed the microbes. Wonding if i could add this to the brew and get any good results.

If you use coffee grounds they need to be washed so the caffeine is not in them any longer, caffeine is an herbicide and will harm your plants, I found out the hard way,,,,,

Comment

I'd never use cereal for tea on my MJ maybe in my garden compost. Get some unsulfurated old fashion Mole-asses. Use 1-2 tablespoons per gal.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Get you some red wigglers (say that three times fast) and let them do the work. I gave 'em part of the putting green and sweep up castings as needed for tea and soil amendment. Indoor fem and auto grower.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang quirk I love it! We go up to a cabin old rotten thing. We gather up bat quano in a bucket for our tea brews. My friends just gave me a feed sack full of Llama poo pellets gonna compost that for outdoor soil containers next summer.

I'm 11 miles from Bracken cave, largest bat colony in the world. Back in the day you could go in the cave and collect guano, but now a conservation society has purchased the land and it's members only to view their exit at sunset, which is nothing short of spectacular, and no one allowed in the cave. You've got a great resource at your cabin.

Comment

I will be putting in some bat houses so I can collect the free droppings! I will be building my own, plans are all over.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X