Termites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Termites

Anyone have any experience with termites killing big outdoor plants?

If so how can I stop them

Comment

Try hose them off humanly

Comment

• Okietrapper
        Okietrapper commented
        Editing a comment
        The termites live in the soil and eat the roots off and go inside the stalk from underground. Have to have something to drench the rootball with that won't kill the plant or contaminate the flowers.

I have termites, they eat dead wood, dry is harmful to them. Never heard of or seen them attacking anything alive, I would be more concerned of them getting in the home,,,
      Remove any compost or ground cover so the surface can dry
      Food grade DE may help as it is said to kill exoskeletons, will not harm the earth worms, make sure its food grade DE!
      Water soluble powdered sulfur may also help, wont kill them but they will not like it
      Attack them and smash as many as you can
      let the chickens in
      loud rock and roll is said to irritate them to the point they eat themselves to death
      Got pictures?
      I am also an Okie, luv the new freedom, even if it is taxed!

Comment

• Okietrapper
        Okietrapper commented
        Editing a comment
        I have read and Googled til my eyes hurt but can't find a answer. Need something I can drench rootball with that won't kill the plants or poison the flowers. Yes the new freedom is great. You think recreational will get on the ballot in 2020 ?

• MeestaFeesha
        MeestaFeesha commented
        Editing a comment
        Never knew the rock'n'roll info...my metal jams must've worked their magic for me throughout this season! 🤘😋.

As for the termite issue, I can't say that I've read up on it before. Did a few searches and people suggested DE (Diatomaceous Earth) as Rwise has already mentioned. So a second for that, as well as some pictures.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X