Big buds with surprise seeds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big buds with surprise seeds!

Hi. First and foremost I'd like to thank this community and this site for all that I've learned during these past months. It's appreciated.

I'm a first time grower.

I was given a handful of seeds last spring and gave it a go. Strain unknown. Out of 15 plants I managed to sustain 9 females. They grew in 5 gallon bags outdoors and they grew nicely, thanks to growweedeasy.

Due to cold nights, humidity and high traffic I decided to bring them inside my sunroom in their 4th week of flowering (see pic). There are no grow lights, just large windows. That was 2 weeks ago.

Every day I closely inspect for signs of mold but due to decent ventilation I'm ok in that department.

Today however, I found one of the plants with a few seeds imbedded in the cola. I also found bananas. The other 8 plants don't seem to be affected. Yet.

I figure there's another 5 to 10 days before they're ready to harvest. Trichomes are just beginning to turn from clear to milky.

My question is, simply, what would you do?

I'm not a big smoker, I just have a passion for gardening and while the results do look promising, I would prefer not to have a bunch of seeds if I can help it.

Thank you so much.

Daniel

Welcome to this forum Dzp111 - I would put the offending seed producer back outside - that'll show her who's boss.

Fabulastic forest you have there- great job!
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

That’s really hard to say. It’s going to come down to your subjective position. If it were me, I would pick all the bananas and pick out all the seeds that I could see. I would let it go head and age a little bit more, but I would be doing it somewhere completely different. If you have to keep it in the same room, I suspect you should go ahead and harvest if you don’t want to have your other plants pollinated,
      AWESOME looking space and plants, by the way!
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Thank you for your quick replies. I will separate the hermie from the others and pick off what seeds and bananas I can find.

I don't suppose that the seeds in question are any good for next spring? Or will they just result in more hermies/males?

Strangely, one of the seeds has already germinated while inside the bud.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! That’s new to me. Can you take a pic?
          Also, those seeds are more likely to be hermies; I’d toss ‘em probably.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          How interesting a germinated seed inside a bud! Love to see a closeup pic of that

I wouldn't put the nanner plant outside at this point; it's too late. I got nanners and some seeds on one grow, but it happened late enough in flower that the bud was great and there weren't that many mature seeds.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Um, I feel a little foolish about the ‘on bud-germinated seed’. My bad. I’m blaming it on a combination of excitement, low light and 4 beers.

; )

3 out of the 9 plants are now showing seeds. Perhaps it’s time to start trimming soon. Trichomes are about 50% opaque.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X