Yellow lower leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow lower leaves

I am 4/5 weeks into flowering outdoors and both plants have started losing leaves from the bottom of the plant. I am still giving plenty of nitrogen with bio bizz fertilizer. I have read its normal for the plant to canabalize some leaves which dont get too much sun but it seems like i am losing a lot, maybe 5-10 fan leaves and more of the smaller leaves. The plant seems healthy overall but i would like to avoid this getting worse.
    Cheers for any thoughts on this

i think the pot may be too small for that plant and you are experiencing root bound, just a guess, can you transplant into a bigger container?

Comment

Looks you live in good sun country. Yellow leaves in flowering is normal.

Comment

Pot is 23L and its a bit late to repot no?

Live in spain so yeah great sun here. First grow so i am unsure but glad to hear its normal

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          yes i guess is a bit late, just keep feeding her every watering and use bigger pots next round

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
        yes i guess is a bit late, just keep feeding her every watering and use bigger pots next round
        ok, cheers for the info.

I have read that a method of controling the size of the plant is to restrict the pot size. Are there any negatives to letting the plant become rootbound (apart from the reduced size)?
        My missus would have a fit if the plants were much bigger!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          no i dont think there are many negative sides, one thing that happens is the plant becomes very susceptible to lack of nutrients, meaning if you stop giving fertilizer they will respond very fast and flush very easily, another thing is water usage, its going to need water more often and you should be very carefull not to let it dry too much, not only the plant will wilt but the lack of weight at the pot can lead to plants falling over with hard winds. small pot is definitely a good way to keep the plant small, just plan for a shorter veg period, use a smaller pot during the entire veg, its better to have a root bound plant when its veggin than when its flowering, this way you can transplant to that pot before flowering and the flowering will not be affected by lack of space. good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X