Plant Stalled Towards End of Flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Stalled Towards End of Flowering

I have grown 2 plants outdoors this year. Barney's farm Tangerine Dream and Pineapple Express, both started flowering at the same time and the Pineapple got to harvest with no troubles.

The Tangerine Dream plant looked like it was coming along great and even overtook the Pineapple for bud size and plumpness - but the buds never looked fully mature and it's now several weeks after the Pineapple harvest and the plant looks like it is growing small flower buds, which are kinda yellow. The pictures are not the best but hopefully you can see what is happening.

The buds look like they have not ripened and sadly, it looks like this plant might be a write off....

Any help is much appreciated.

Strange indeed. It appears to me to be revegging, crazy I know.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

I should mention that it is an auto flowering version of both this strain, Tangerine Dream and the Pineapple Express. Got me baffled, but that's not hard as I don't know much in this department
      Last edited by Casualgrower; 09-02-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...
      ​​​​Organic Grow, kind Soil, Foxfarm Ocean Forest, , Perlite.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

AC Infinity Axial Fan Driver Coolers

Ventilation AC Infinity 6"

Carbon Filters AC Infinity in and out

Root Trapper 2 Smart pots 7 gallon

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Comment

I have looked through already, and I am thinking the plant is in Banana town and a lost cause...
        Last edited by Casualgrower; 09-02-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

From what I could see it looks like leaves are cupping, did you get some heat stress?

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

As in exposure to hot days? Yeh and the outside temperatures have been up and down, with some cold nights thrown in for good measure...

This is first plant to not make it though after 2 summers of growing. I guess this TD strain isn't as hardy as the others.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Casualgrower I agree with the strain comment and perhaps timing these finiky autos. I'm having the same problem.

But now you know and will always know.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Not sure I do know exactly from your slightly cryptic posts, I have had plants exposed to the same temperature variation with no issues - and even worse with early frosts and light snow. Perhaps this strain is not suited to my local climate

Comment

Casual,

I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to be as such. I was just saying that now you know that strain and are much better informed about how it acts in your climate. And also there's the simple fact that every now and then there's a funny seed. I wish you only happiness and the best grows, and again I'm sorry for coming off wrong, that's never my intention.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Thanks Dude, and no doubt you helped me to come up with some theories to what has happened and how to avoid in the future.

Very sad, the buds were looking awesome before it went Pete Tong

Comment

Casual, I'm always here to help. Thank you for your very kind words. May your day be full of life, your eyes full of beauty and your soul full of love. Just know everything happens for a reason. Love your Pete comment ✌️

As I was told, it's water off a ducks back.

​​​​​​I look forward to seeing your new ladies.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Thanks again dude, I wonder if you know of an indica auto-flowering strain you would recommend? If any?

I tried a non-auto last year and whilst it was good, it got close to the wire with lots of cold weather and high winds before harvest. I woke one morning to find 3 plants uprooted! :O

So I like the idea of a shorter life span from late spring/early summer to the end of summer. Autos being a good option, but I am open minded if that's the best way to go.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Morning just lurking i'm going to give a try need spring/summer to those autos leaning more towards indica a bit more tolerant to temp flux i'm hoping. Gotta get those started under good indoor light and gradually hardened off to days outdoors, few hrs a day. I set mine out too early in my area, was not warm enough I believe.

Casual,

I have not yet grow myself so I would suggest some others on here like Jarhead, Altatup, Farmall and a host of others that are far more experienced than myself. I joined the forum about a month ago and figured the best way for me to learn about growing is to try and help others that are already doing it and encountering problems. My finances are pretty hit right now with to kids in college and not being able to work due to medical issues. I've been slowly gathering my supplies and can't wait until I can finally get started. I feel the best way to help anyone is to be honest first and always. With that said, I can tell you that I have some Six Shooter Autos waiting on me. This is the description, but know that I've never tried it personally so all I can do is be honest with you and tell you what I know at this point.

Six Shooter is an automatic flowering ruderalis/indica/sativa variety from FastBuds and can be cultivated indoors and outdoors where the female, autoflowering plants need ±63 days from the seedling to the harvest.

​Crystal Meth and Mexican Airlines are brought together here to great effect. Six Shooter is the biggest and heaviest-yieldingstrain in fast Buds selection.
                      Flowering Type: Autoflowering
                      Genetics: Crystal METH x Mexican Airlines
                      Flowering Time: 9 weeks
                      THC Content: 21%

I look forward to the day that I can speak from my own personal growing, but until then I'm here to learn and help. ✌️ Casual.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

I should also mention, Toker and Spidermites, they also seem to be kind and very helpful. There's more decent helpful people here than what I can remember, so if I didn't mention you it's because of my memory and not for any other reason. What I've found from everyone here is that if you're willing to help yourself, they're willing to help you as well. Be kind, help others, and lived in peace.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X