switching to new nutrients, HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switching to new nutrients, HELP

Unfortunately I have to switch to a new brand of nutrients. I have been using fox farms but can no longer get it where I live.... (yes I've looked at many different options, it's just not possible)
    Now I'm needing to choose a new brand. I am thinking of using Botanicare Grow and Bloom. I'm wondering if anyone has a feeding schedule for this brand, I can't seem to find one for SOIL. I'm also wondering if this is a good brand to use.

They have a calculator on their website https://www.botanicare.com/nutrient-calculator/
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I have been very happy with Technaflora and recommend them unhesitatingly (FFOF soil, 4x4x7 tent, 5gal fabric pots, MH/HPS):

Comment

Can't comment on the whole Botanicare lineup. but the additives and supplements I've used seem to be high quality. In dirt, the General Organics stuff seems to work fine for me, and isn't crazy expensive.
        Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
        400W HPS Mag Ballast
        GH Floro - DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
        IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
        Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
        GH Maxi Series-DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
        - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

The directions are on the containers. I'd use them at half strength to see where you need to be. I ran into problems using full strength. I grow in soil, and for veg, I use botanicare grow for soil, along with cal mag and liquid karma. When I switch to the 12 12 room , I change to the botanicare bloom, and continue with the cal mag and liquid karma.
          The earth does not belong to us.
          We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
          Photos in Coast of Maine
          Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
          PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
          3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
          Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
          12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
          (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
          House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
          9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

have to agree with Greenpassion, whatever product you end up choosing i would start at 1/2-3/4 ratio nutes when you switch..i made some product changes early into veg and started feeding at 3/4 recommended and that was too much. Easier to start light and increase if needed, than it is to over feed and have to flush multiple times before you can play with your feeding mixture. homegrown
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

• HappyDaze
              HappyDaze commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep...I'm running my Blue Dream at 650 PPM under the 1000W HPS (130 PPM start water is 50% RO) and they're happy...that's 43% of the recommended G.H. schedule for Maxi nutes. My GSC x's seem to like a little more feeding (750 PPM), but I've stopped trying to force feed them into growing bigger, it doesn't work.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X