hood info, light meters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hood info, light meters

I have a 600 watt hps/mh with a small hood with inline cooling, has anyone switched to a xxl hood if so is their a big difference? I found one on line crunch I think was the name for $65. Next, what is the deal with light measurement, I buy a lux meter, and then read that lux is no good you need to measure par? Im new and quickly getting tire of meters

I've been growing for close to two decades, but I've only owned five lights in that whole time. Some floros, a 150W HPS, a 400 HPS, a 1000W convertible and a 275W LED. I've run all the HIDs in batwing reflectors, cheap cool tubes and with a decent, but inexpensive XXL hood. The hood really helps provide a larger, more balanced light footprint. If you're going to run both HPS and MH bulbs, you want to be sure the fixture allows for easy exchange of bulbs. My hood isn't the enclosed type, it's a cool tube under a reflector. To change bulbs and to clean the tube, I have to pull apart my vent line on the fan side, which is a colossal PITA mid grow.

I never felt the need to measure my lighting. You picked a decent sized lamp to start with, so it's not going to be the weakest link in your setup. Save your money and buy the G/F or wife dinner instead. (Or some really amazing seeds)
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Par is not the correct way to measure light. It’s like an opinion, everyone has a few and none will be the exact same. Lux and lumens are a much more direct comparison.
      Xxxl hood will spread the light out further but penetrate les deeply. Do you want that?
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X