Seeds questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds questions?

First, Thank You! Great to find a place where I can get answers. Awesome forum. Is there a way to find out if seeds are female by looking at them? Or only after seedling stage? These are the seeds from my first post. Is there a way to improve my chances. Should I keep these separate from the feminized seeds that I purchased. When getting ready to start a new crop?

Some people say that you can tell but personally I don't think that you can. Not until you flip to 12/12. If your going to grow them with your feminized seeds, just make sure to label them and keep a close eye on them after you flip. It usually takes about 2 weeks to start showing sex after the flip in my experience.

Comment

Can’t tell just based on seeds. Going to have to wait until they grow out.
      If it were me, I’d keep my feminized seeds separate from my regular seeds. Defeats the purpose of having fem seeds if you can’t tell them apart from the males.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I tried looking at the seed for those perfect volcanoes, it does not work. A person near me tells me he gets 90%, but I get that throwing the seed on the ground! Yes keep them separate and labeled, and watch closely when going to 12/12s,,,, another friend did not label theirs, and now wish they did as they have 6 jars of unknown weed, ok they know what they planted but not which one is which, and one they dont like,,, which one???,,,,,

Comment

yes sex is coded in the dna just like in any other being, all you can do is trigger that gene in plants that makes them hermaphrodites, but forget about that, if you veg for a solid 8 to 10 weeks im sure many of the females will show preflowers you can easily identify, but in general you have to flower them to make sure, if you dont wanna risk wasting time and money on a male you have to kill later you can do sex testing for about 10 usd per plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X