Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help in setup

Hi all!

I am a new indoor grower and I would have a question here regarding my setup.
    So I have a 120*120*200 grow tent with a 600W HPS light. I am planning to have 5 plants in it. First of all is it enough or too much? I have White Widow strains.
    So it is quite hard here to get seeds so I was thinking on cloning afterwards. I built a DIY growtent as well in the wardrobe with 7 40W CFL lights. Now this tent would be the "clone tent"
    The idea is that I will wait until the 5 plant in the main tent finish vegetative state and then cut of 1 clone and transfer it to DIY tent. In he next 2 month the original 5 plant will flowering while the clone will grow slowly in the DIY tent (I would keep the plant in vegetative). After 2 month when flowering is done in main tent, clone should be big enough to get 5 new clone out of it and plant it in the main tent.
    What do you think will it work?

Thanks in advance.

The trouble is, most plants need two to three times more flower time, vs. veg time. Keeping a donor plant to take clones from in your veg chamber is an easier strategy. A continuous harvest using just clones is difficult, but not impossible. 9fingerleafs has a schedule to do what you've suggested. We talked a little about it here... https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ith-out-mother
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

i think that schedule could work very well but the only issue i see, like happydaze said, clones once rooted will grow much faster than a seedling started from seed, meaning you take those clones and in 3 to 4 weeks theyll be rooted and growing, one month of veg for a cloned rooted plant could result in a plant too big for a small tent, this means you are going to need to train very well your clones or worst case scenario youll have to flower only 2 or 3 plants at a time. its a very good problem to have and youll learn a lot. another good thing about being over crowed is that when a problem arises you have plants to spare. just to be very safe i reccomend you take twice as many clones as you think you gonna need every time, always go with the stronger ones and discard the others. also once you flowered your different plants youll see theyre slightly different and youll have a favorite, over time you want to choose a single plant to keep growing. if i were you i would start with only 3 seeds, the first rounds veg is going to need 8 weeks at least for the plants to mature so they could get very big also, this way you save those 2 seeds for the future or if shit hits the fan. sorry if i rambled let me know if you need help

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X