Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Additionally, if anything turns out to be male or fails to grow properly, throw in an auto to fill in the space… it likes any lighting schedule you would use for photoperiods anytime

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I love them!

• alltatup
    replied
    Fantastic information from everyone!!! Really enlightening!!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    That's all fascinating information, mcubed; you make it real clear how well autos are working in your setup!! Seriously: great info, and amazing pictures!!!!!!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    That's a good point; with autos you can start new ones whenever and have a perpetual grow going on. ps: Love the dog picture: what a handsome fellow.

• HappyDaze
    commented on 's reply
    s62 Most of the yield info I've received from my bean guy has been accurate or understated...but the flowering times are bullshit. I add two weeks to anything Hemp Depot tells me.

I'm watching as many grows here as I can, just soaking up other people's experiences. It'll be a lot fun to see your multi-strain show develop over the next couple of months. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Cheers

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I have a sativa dominant amnesia xxl auto in my tent right now. She might be the tallest plant I have grown. I've got about 20 inches between he and the lights, so I hope she is done stretching!

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I get them from cobshop.net. I found them on the autoflower network forum. A guy named Bigsmo on that site builds them and sells them. He's really good about shipping and customer service.

If you go under lights on that forum you will see the autocobs and can see that many people use them and love them

• s62
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, those breeder estimates are always bunk. Same goes with photos, though.

• HappyDaze
    commented on 's reply
    As long as people have reasonable expectations when it comes to yield, I think autos have their place. I have a bit of a problem with the advertising some breeders use to sell their seeds...eg your Crystal M.E.T.H. ... Fast Buds claim 600g/M2, but you probably need 5-6 plants to get there, as they're a very compact phenotype. If you're growing 4 Oz plants for personal use, that strain is great. But, a photo skunk or diesel strain will yield double that per plant with an extra 30 days and put the same smile on your face. Variety vs volume...autos have variety in their favor for sure.

• Canuck147
    replied
    Autoflowers are fun to grow - like mcCubed said. I run cob lights as well.
    Have planted 4 seeds every month this summer - harvested 4 already, 3 more are close and 5 little ones. Although I have been putting the big girls outside.
    Lights are on 24/7 - So no light schedule. - and definitely don't have to worry about light leaks.

So I guess the downside with multiple plants started at different times - is - one is harvesting more often, burping jars continually and I'm always outside doing "quality control" smoke tasting.
    Hmmmm - sativa or indica this morning.

Plus with all the little tricks I use - I can count on 100 grams per plant. Usually more, sometimes less.

Variety is the spice of life.

Leave a comment:

• s62
    replied
    I don’t have any experience with autos, but I’ll tell you why I’m growing them exclusively this round. I want to have my plants in and out of the ground in 90-100 days tops. I want to know reliably that that is going to be doable. Additionally, I want the flexibility of lighting schedule so I can avoid light-related herms, but also so that I can grow plants that are at different stages simultaneously. If I have a plant finish 20 days before another one, I can chop it and throw a seed down in its sted. That’s a 20 day headstart! Finally, I believe that autos have come a long way, and that growers are slow to accept this. Autos can crank out seriously impressive yields, have high THC (20%+), and produce top shelf bud. There really aren’t reasons NOT to try it anymore, unless you already have and it’s not your thing.

Leave a comment:

• Joker
    replied
    Wow, so much great info and pics. Thanks to all my fellow growers for sharing. I recently moved so I have not got a grow in place yet. I have two OG Kush auto seeds from Nirvana. I'd really like to try them. Have to do something fast, I live in an illegal state so since my crops have been used up I've had to start buying commercial weed from California (as far as I can find out) super cheap at 120 an oz but I dont like the idea of smoking pesticides, I've read that the cartel grows use some bad stuff.

Leave a comment:

• HappyDaze
    replied
    The genetics of the latest autos is pretty amazing...that GG of Mc's beats my 20oz record with a TGA Jazz Queen photo that also took about 4 months total.

I really like Humboldt's products and they're working with Dinafem who know about breeding. I might try their Dedoverde Haze auto, rather than try to work a 12 week sativa dom into my schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Tersky
    replied
    The main attraction for me would be the not needing worry about light cycles. I've had a plant re-veg before and it added an extra month almost. I do use a tent but sometimes there are light leaks, whether it be from the zipper or a pinhole. I have a lot of windows in my house and because of the heat i run my lights at night meaning its dark period is during the day. Not ideal but we work with what we have. Autos mean i dont have to worry about light. That being said, i prefer photos. It seems that auto's have come far in the last few years so i may give them a try again.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X