Please diagnose this problem root,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please diagnose this problem root,,

I knew she was struggling to survive, but I had no idea she would look like this,,,,
    Outside in soil, all organic, its an auto (headbanger), PH 7.0, voodoo juice twice, fish sh!t a time or 2, roots organics grow then bloom,
    What is she telling me? I have metal over this spot so the sun can cook it,,,,

ive had those crazy thing in one of my plants using fox farms soil, the best i could find is that is some kind of fungi (a good one) that merges with the roots and creates those little balls of nitrogen that act as reservoirs, if the plant doesnt use them, when decomposed they feed the soil, this is common in other plants that sequestrate nitrogen from the atmosphere and used as companion plants for cannabis altho not many people know the plant has to die and roots have to decompose to feed another plant, here is more info , theyre called root nodules https://gardenmentors.com/garden-hel...-root-nodules/

Comment

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda like why farmers rotate crops from year to year, the corn leaves behind beneficial nutrients for the soy beans and vice versa. So Rwise how did the plant turn out?

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Not much there, smell is good, very disappointing, certainly glad I am not depending on it!.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting read

Might be root-knot nematodes...got a loop to check 'em?

Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what I fear, hot here yes, little winter here yes,,,,,,
      may be to dry to check with a loop now,,,,

I will re read the links again and again, but so far 1 of the so called cures is not going to happen here! But I have an idea (it kinda hurt) what if I dig out a hole where this is just before a freeze, and then when the cold hits put a 1 lb block of dry ice in the hole, fill it, cover it and freeze these suckers to death!
    I will of course check the others as they come out,,,
    And BTW Thanx to all!

Comment

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just guessing, but that's a nasty looking root ball. If it's a soil pathogen, I'd want to be careful not to spread it to other parts of the garden. Hit it with the flame thrower for a minute and then flip it over and do it again.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      jeeeez i didnt know about that nasty parasite, now that i take a second look at your pics i realized the plant looks a lot more sick than the one i had, my roots were super big and long, white with no brown spots, and more importantly didnt happen in the main branch like yours, im more inclined to think its the parasite

I will certainly be watching the roots on everything this year, the tomatoes, peppers, cukes, all of it!
    Some history, the seed is from a hermied headbanger, this was difficult to grow in the first gen. So far, I have sprouted more seed, it seems that all of these are runts, and just dont grow, always complaining about this or that, wanting this or that, where ever they have been planted. Is there a chance this could be a genetic anomaly? They are no longer on the site I bought them at,,,, I must not be the only one that found them difficult,,,
    Ya that is a nasty parasite, I will pay attention! IDK about a torch, I have used DE in the garden, and we dont want it crystallized,,,,

Comment

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      What breeder did the donor plant come from? So folks assume that a strain is a strain, but genetics are often breeder specific. There's a bunch of knock-off artists selling what I'd consider unstabilized hybrid seeds, sometimes they perform, and sometimes they don't.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      It was Headbanger x Headbanger, it is/was a picky girl... and I misstated before as the GF grew one out and all was well. It is to get 20" tall and hers mace 40"/

Ok best pic,, this Widowbanger was 5 or 6 feet from the other, no signs of the abnormality, nice and sticky too,,,
    If this was something bad in the soil wouldn't it affect all? Still watching,,,,

Comment

Wow. In all my years of veggie gardening I have never seen that. I would think you you have to treat the soil. But with what I don't know. If you find an answer please post it. 🙂

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Reading the linked info on the parasite has lead me to black walnuts being something that works against them, also is an herbicide,,, I would have the black walnuts, 'cept the tree rats got them all.

So you would if you had them grind the walnuts up and till them into the soil??

Comment

That is what I would do, smash them to a pulp, and till them into the soil, using green (unripe) black walnuts. The bark and roots can be used also.
        I knew they have medicinal uses, I also new fish will try to avoid them (as in get out of the water). I did not know they could be used to kill plants and pests!

Comment

I have heard that not much will grow under walnut trees.

Comment

As a kid picking up the nuts, I never even noticed the clear under the trees, looking back ya not much grows under them!

Comment

Some plants will yellow, wilt and die under walnut trees because of a non toxic chemical found in the whole tree called hydrojuglone....in the leaves, stems, hulls, inner bark and roots. There are some other trees that can grow by them though.

Comment

And that is what would kill the parasite as well,,, I read it called juglone, at least I have a natural source for it! The squirrels have not taken the leaf, I may make some compost for this spot,,,, still waiting to see if any other plants have this, if not I may be lead to think it is a genetic thing.
                Whatever it turns out I had never seen a MJ plant try to make taters, had to share!

Comment

Well it was quite interesting. Lol

Comment

Here we go, the other plants from the garden area,,, The Bruce banner 3 (pic 4) was between the first plant with issues, and the Colombian Gold (pic 3). The 2 Rusty Glues were next in the row,,,
                    I will be moving soon and the garden will be in a new location for next year,,,,

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How odd and interesting. Almost looks like tubers.

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      maybe they are trying to make taters!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X