Indentifying a pre-flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indentifying a pre-flower

Is this just a female with no hairs, or are there hermaphrodite banana pre-flowers? Every reference to bananas I've found is in the context of developed flowers. [newbie]

Hi Steve, the part above is called a stipule and all plants get those. I don't know what that little thing with the brown tip is, but it's neither a calyx nor a pollen sac. https://www.growweedeasy.com/preflowers
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• steve0943
      steve0943 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I was thinking the little brown thing was the stipule.

To be sure here is a close up of the the other side of the same node and an image of the whole node.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve, It's strange! It doesn't look quite like anything yet, but I do notice how far from each other the stipules are, and you know that Nebula says that female plants often have the crossed stipules--but I never go by that. I wait to see the first signs of the white stigmas sticking out of the new calyx.

So keep your eyes peeled!! I will be interested to see how it develops. Show a pic of the whole plant if you have one. Is it fairly tall and lanky, with long internodes? What strain is it?

They're growing coastal outdoors with a frequent ocean layer. This particular plant sprouted first and was more lanky than the others from the start. It was also the one plant picked on early by slugs. Sour 78.
    Last edited by steve0943; 08-28-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Just 4 days later and there are plenty of white hairs on higher nodes!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Good new there steve0943 now the fun begins, patience

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X