Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Airflow Query

Hey guys and gals,

I'm starting to get worried more and more about airflow, I only have one power point available for fans and I feel like my fan isn't quite cutting the mustard... so my question is;

Does anyone have experience in creating custom airflow rigs out of PVC or likewise, connected to a ducting fan?
    my grow space is 3x3x6 and I was considering creating a PVC rig as pictured (sorry about the crude paint picture) to deliver airflow over the entire plant.

I'm worried that I will lose to much flow rate and will basically be back to my crappy original fan.

Thanks heaps in advanced!

First Grow

Rainbow Jones

Grow tent 3x3x6
    400W HPS
    COCO Coir
    3 Gallon Pot
    House & Garden Nutrients

A couple of 6" clip on fans are all I need. More flexible, quiet and efficient than a manifold.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• AusJ
      AusJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey HappyDaze, thanks for the reply, are they battery operated? I'm limited on Power points and don't want to overload by adding another power board.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you could overload the receptical using 10 of the 6 inch fans ,they use a very small amount of electric/amperage

Howdy AusJ, The duct work will reduce the air flow due to resistance in not only the straight ducting, but at each elbow and change of direction.An oscillating fan would be a better choice for the grow space (or tent) as a constant non varying wind source can cause wind burn (dehydration and damage) the leaves directly in the air stream. I worked with air handling systems in cotton gins and other industries for the last twenty plus years and one can expect an air flow loss of approximately 5% for every ten diametrical units of length (6" dia. = 60" of length. the loss at elbows and turns can be greater than 20% depending on how abrupt the change is.
    I use two Flippi Vornado 8" oscillating fans in my grow room (basically a closet 2' x 6' x 8') and they work well.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• AusJ
      AusJ commented
      Editing a comment
      sweet thank you, I thought I would lose air flow but that is a lot haha. and I didn't consider the constant stream of air over the one section of the plant. scrapping the plan
      I will have ordered two new 6" clip flans as suggested by HappyDaze. I currently have a small oscillating fan, might keep that to blow over the canopy and have a clip fan under the canopy and one above blowing down. that should sort it hopefully. just getting paranoid as a friend just had mold issues and its my first grow

I keep 2 of those 8" oscillators on the floor to help prevent stagnant zones in the lower 1/3 of the plants and any subsequent molds for developing. The upper areas have 2 more above the canopy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X