defoliating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

defoliating?

when should you start deflating and should you trim the new bigger leaves off every few days?

bigslick, you should read cannabis Defoliation Tutorial: how to increase yeild by removing leaves. lots of info and pics there. Theres lots of different reasons to defoliate..but dont just start cutting big leaves..I think Nebula says..leaves are important, if their covering a bud site, try and tuck them out of the way I check my plants often and(unless their causing problems) just push the big leaves down and out of the way)..I have defoliated twice thru veg and once early into flower. Just trimmed a few more leaves that were just blocking light down thru the plant. Im growing indoors, with really heavy LST from early growth so the plants were really thick and bushy all thru Veg and even into flower.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• WizardsNThings
      WizardsNThings commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking canopy! What size pots are those? I agree about tucking if possible. I usually do one in veg, one just before flipping, and one 3 weeks in or so. But it depends on the growth of the plant

Controversial defoliation can increase your yields dramatically indoors... but removing leaves is for advanced growers only! When done wrong, defoliation can kill your plants!

4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

Thank you WizardsNThings. Those are 15"pots(3gal i guess) I kept tying the main stem down every night so they would wake up and start heading for the light again. I untied the plants when they started their stretch cause i realized that height wasnt gonna be a problem in my small tent. The canopy was bigger than that during veg...2 feet across lol. Im a first time grower and really impressed with the bud production with LST so i'll be doing this on every grow in the future. homegrown
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X