Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this bud rot and are they close to harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this bud rot and are they close to harvest?

My plants r in week 6 day 2 of flowering stage will have to harvest a week early ( next Friday) due to holiday. 😢 Just wondering if they look close to harvest my very first grow outdoors, some leaves and hair's on buds have turned purple is this normal?? Also 2 separate buds looks like the start of bud rot?? No yellow leaves near it? Please help with my questions.

Some of that discoloration(1st pic) appears to me to be old male flowers gone by. It's hermied somewhat.
    I circled a couple of male flowers, I can see nanners as well
    Last edited by GreenState; 08-25-2019, 07:22 AM.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

hello fuzzwazz, just curious, where abouts you live? I'm also a first time grower, growing out doors in socal, and my babygirl, has about a month to go. it's hard to tell by your pic, to see how developed your buds are? heres a look at mine from a few days ago. from what I've read, when 50-75% of the hairs change colors, it's time. Good Luck!

Comment

They don't appear to be any where near ready. They are about 4-6 weeks away. If going on holidays find someone whom knows what they are doing and let them water well your away

Comment

Yeah, not really close to harvest. That first pic is ugly - brown buds are not normal.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Howdy Fuzzwuzz, I agree with Canuck147 except the first two pics look bad to me (lol). the photos of the rest do look good, but not ready for harvest. I'd cut the 'infected' buds off and let the rest mature some more until the trichomes start to turn amber. Your plants do look, overall, healthy and very 'sparkly'.
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

It do look like it's hermie.Not the spot circled, the upper brown part the little green thing. And the big ball on second image. 🙂

Comment

GreenState good eye bro. Yes I agree with you and others when they say cut the brown out and let it grow for another month atleast. I thought outdoors the plants just starts to yellow out on it’s own when it’s time? I wish I could do outdoor. I live one street over from a school would I be legal outdoors? Am I even legal indoors? I’m in SoCal myself anybody know if I would be good?

Comment

Hi Cali,
                  your 100% legal, indoors or outdoors. 5 plants max. for personal use only.

Comment

johnb1963 cool thnx I was worried being literally one street behind a school, I can see the school over my fence thru the neighbor house that how close I am..

Comment

Cali, the problem with outdoor growing is getting ripped off. do you have a big dog in your backyard?

Comment

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is certainly a concern, I have a rep, I am the crazy long hair with a big gun and a shovel,,, The hell with the dog beware owner!! Guarded by Smith, Wesson and 00 Buck!

johnb1963 Rwise no I don’t have a big dog my female got put down last year after 15 years poor girl was in pain. Now I’m left with Rwise method of defense but in Los Angeles laws are tough and I’m brown so they’re tougher on us so I may have to get me a big dog. Just don’t want to get attached again.. honestly that wasn’t in my mind but now hmm I better think twice before I work my ass off for some one else to benefit from the end product thanks for the heads up

Comment

Years ago Dad planted these trees for the bees, they look like our fav plant, and he got a real kick out of watching folks come in (he ran a business), spot them and grab as much as they could jump in the car with, LMAO!!
                        Sorry to hear about the dog, they become as our kids

Comment

right on Rwise! hey did you some bullshit, that cali is trying to pass a law that would require gun owner to carry liability insurance! can't wait to retire and get the hell out of cali!

Comment

• Rwise
                            Rwise commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Here we are going the other way, as of 11/1/19 any fool can open carry a gun anywhere,,, I think I'll be staying out of town for a while!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X