My second indoor grow: GG4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL My second indoor grow: GG4

Hi all. New here on the forum but have been reading articles on GWE for weeks now. For this grow I started with four GG4 clones. Current setup (can’t find where to put in my signature?), 4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Performance Pack nutes alternating days with Fish Sh!t in RO water. These pictures are week 2 day 2 since the switch to 12/12. I defoliated what seemed like a lot but only enough to expose lower bud sites. Input appreciated on anything, especially how to increase potency and yields beyond the 12 oz I got out of four Royal Kush clones in my first grow with this setup!
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Re: editing your signature Courtesy of Mr Furley (I had bookmarked it, but yet to edit mine(lol))
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...post-signature
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• sgiacomo
      sgiacomo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Well we’re on the last day of week three since the switch from 12/12, got trics showing in the bud sites 😊 sorry pic is kinda blurry. Any recommendations on a digital microscope? For some reason one of my four ladies is a few inches taller and just more robust than the others but I’m not complaining . When younger these were LST’d to branch out and topped a few week later. Then I supercropped the top four branches to make them grow horizontally before turning back up. Defoliated enough to uncover bud sites and may leave it at this and see what they do from here... any thoughts?
    Last edited by sgiacomo; 08-28-2019, 08:54 AM.
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

Your plants are great! Looks like you could have been more aggressive with the LST to spread the main branches, they have a super dense structure. Is your light penetrating down into that dense lower area of the plants?

With my current LED grow, I took off all the leaves and lower buds and only left the terminal buds on the skinny secondary branches. In the past, all I got off them was pale larf, so no loss. I hope that the terminal buds will be a little heavier with the suckers gone, and the light penetration seems better to the main colas.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

HappyDaze Yes in hindsight I would have been more aggressive with the training. Guess I’ll just have to try this again 😊 The light seems to penetrate well, only my second indoor grow but this light seems incredibly bright in my tent. I also removed all the lower little “suckers” I could find in these bushy ladies yesterday, learned the same thing you mention from my first grow of Royal Kush. In this setup it yielded ~11 oz of bud and I’m hoping to beat that with this grow. I was happy to have a successful harvest! Thanks for the feedback!
      Last edited by sgiacomo; 08-27-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        I went and looked at the specs for your light. Hehe ... penetration shouldn't be an issue, you've got lumens to spare. The learning curve from one grow to the next using the same strain is steep. A little more aggressive bonding of those bushy branches to fill the tent space, and you'll probably get a third to fifty percent more out or your next run.

That would be awesome!

Comment

I did eight plants in 3gal fabric pots in a very similar setup for a sea of green grow and ended up with just shy of 14 oz last grow. This grow I am betting I can do better with six plants in 5 gal fabric pots with more training, food, LST and defoliation.

So my $0.02 is your room can handle two more plants and a bit more training or a longer veg and a bit more training as an easy way to get your yield up for the same $ and effort.
        Last edited by billyboy; 08-27-2019, 08:57 PM. Reason: With a wife, roommate or live-in girlfriend you can have 12 :-)

Comment

• sgiacomo
          sgiacomo commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks billyboy! I can have up to six adults at any given time so I might try that next grow.

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          With a wife, roommate or live-in girlfriend you can have 12 :-)

billyboy Ha! That’s funny right there

Comment

Start of week 5, beginning to look like Fall in the tent.
          Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovely grow sgiacomo I dig those containers.

• sgiacomo
            sgiacomo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks SoOrbudgal, picked them up at my local grow shop!

Do you add a calcium/magnesium product? I ask cuz of so much yellow in your plants.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Canuck147 yep I use 2.5 mL/gal GH CaliMagic every other watering. My last grow of Royal Kush did the exact same thing with leaves turning purple, yellow, etc. after a few weeks into flower. It looked like a fall forest in my tent by the time I harvested those. These pics were at week 7 of that grow, got 11 ounces of very nice smoke (of course I am biased) out of that grow. Hoping to up my yield this time without losing potency, but then again who isn’t?!?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              I set my bar low - first started at 30 grams - then 85 - then 120 - now I'm pretty good at getting 160 so long as there's no problems.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              sgiacomo beautiful plants, your doing a great job, my friend.
              I love the plants, that have that awesome color on the upper leaves, some have that color and some dont, even the same strain.
              If my State ever gets legal, I'm getting one of those NextLight Megas, like yours, it's top of the line, imo, or very close to it.
              I sure wouldn't want the law to confiscate it,should something bad happened, hell, I wouldn't want them to get my 315cmh either, or my cheap leds,.
              Keep up the great job, bro.
              HappyGrowing.

• sgiacomo
              sgiacomo commented
              Editing a comment
              Appreciate the compliments and feedback. I was very happy with the first turnout from the mega. Looking promising this go round as well!

Nice job sgiacomo !
            I think the GG4 tends to have early light green to yellowish leaves(even growing outside). I have one at 5 weeks and 1 day since flipping
            "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• sgiacomo
              sgiacomo commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info GreenState! Your GG4 looks awesome!

Well we’re closing out week five with one plant looking to be ahead of the others, always has been faster growing and more robust. Surely it’s the same strain!?!? These four clones have been in this same environment since they first rooted and they each received the same nutrients.

Comment

End of week six and my ladies are starting to bulk up. Replacing liquid Kool Bloom with dry Kool Bloom for a week or two in order to fatten them up before I start flushing 🤞
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sgiacomo; 09-18-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just right , they are putting the weight on .
                By harvest time, they are gonna be hard and solid.
                What kinda of smell are they putting out ?

• GreenState
                GreenState commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely stunning!! A fine job you've done.
                I like that light you have. Is this the one you're using? Pricey. Judging from your picture it covers your sq.footage nicely.

• sgiacomo
                sgiacomo commented
                Editing a comment
                @D69 inside my tent smells awesome! Very pungent. Sure glad I have a carbon filter or the wife would be upset about now! Yes GreenState I’m running a Nextlight Mega. Pricey but I love mine.

SoOrbudgal Thanks! They are GG4, my first time growing this strain. My first indoor grow was Royal Kush and they really looked awesome, like a fall forest, right before harvest!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X