Leaves turning brown and dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves turning brown and dry

Looking for advice on how to correct my first time grow issues. Please see pics.
    3'x3' grow tent, 600w led, exhaust fan at highest top, floor circulating fan, clip on fan, air intake ports (grow tent kit from online)
    Miracle Grow Moisture Control Soil
    Regular tap water once per day

Watering everyday is a no no. A plant that size a half gallon every 3 days or so is plenty, adjust as plant gets bigger.I'm not familiar about your soil, are you using any nutrients?

Comment

How far are your lights from your canopy?

Comment

I'm new at this but my guess is pots too small for size of plants, possible overwatering, water pH needs to be right...the type of soil makes me a bit nervous about nute issues. good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I will lessen watering to 2-3 days as needed. The leaves are dry and brittle so I thought they needed water.
          My light is 2' from the canopy, the highest point it can be at the top of the tent with the plants on the floor, so no option to make it higher. I don't think this is light burn, but the leaves are dry and brittle so possibly.
          I do need to focus effort on the pH level, just using tap water right now. The soil has nutrients in it but I'm sure there could be some issues here too. I do see small white bugs in the soil, but not on the plants. Another soil I tried had the same bugs. I'm not sure if they are causing any issues.
          I have been removing the dried brown leaves about once per week. They keep coming so I am still working on making them better. There is some thick growth so I am wondering if the plant is just allocating its nutrients to specific leaves and letting the rest go.
          One of the plants I removed from the grow tent and brought it upstairs to my home office. I have a small grow light and a table lamp. Same soil and the plant is back to life looking great. So I'm thinking it is something grow tent related with temp, humidity, or air circulation.

Comment

They are starving.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X