Experiment with first grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiment with first grow?

I’m currently 3 weeks into my first grow. I have 4 autos that are the same. Currently they are all doing ok...I think...but anyways...

One thing that interests me is about the differing effects of the trichome maturation.
    What I’m thinking of doing is trying to gain as much knowledge as I can about growing, flowering and harvesting from this first garden. One thing I plan to do is harvest 1 plant when only a small % of trichomes are cloudy, then 1 plant when most of the trichomes are cloudy with some amber, then finally letting 1 plant turn more amber before harvest. (Not sure about the 4th plant yet)

Im also contemplating experimenting with the veg stage and the different ways of training the plants, but I’m worried that it might create very differing end results with trichomes. So I’ll most likely just treat each plant the same.

Thoughts?! Comments?!

cheers
    YYC

There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

All I can say about harvesting early is lower quality and quantity. You can do what ever you choose but I don't mess with autos much do to slow growth after or stunted growth. Lot's of experienced auto growers here and great tutorials on training. I just top at 4 node and LST. Mine start to flower at 4wk so good luck, this is how you learn.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'd suggest that trich development is much more dependent on environment and genetics than training technique. If you want to do a side by side quality analysis based on harvest time, you can do that with a single plant.

I thought you were growing autos...don't breeders recommend LST as the only type of training to use on autos?
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve got a thread up about this. Evidently, some people use extensive training, like manifolding on autos. My plan is to try quad lining my next grow, which happens to be autos as well.

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        post was directed to the O.P.

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        HappyDaze yes I’m doing autos. But as s62 commented, some people are having good success with training autos. I might forego the experimenting with training other than LST bending.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X