Thrips mid flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrips mid flower

Well I've got myself some thrips. First time I've had an insect issue indoors. Are there products out there that are safe to use on a flowering plant? Just entered week 5. They don't seem to be that bad but the top of the plant is, showing signs and I spotted a baby under my microscope so I have no doubt that that's what they are.

I just recently got rid of the fuckers. Since your in flower I would recommend some beneficial mites cucumeris pretty sure I miss spelled it but if you search it you will find it. Or if you don’t mind there is a product called captain jacks it has (spinosad) which kills them on contact only thing that worked for me because I had an infestation if you don’t have many, then beneficial insects will work. Anyways that product is said to be safe up to harvest. Honestly I wouldn’t use it in the flowering stage. I’m just giving you the options you have you decide. There are many other predators that will work if you catch them early. They multiply wuick and if your temps are over 75 you will have an army soon. There is also a product called green clean it just suffocates the pests and then the beneficial mites can take over. Someone recently posted about h202 and soap.look up spinosad it’s no chemical it’s a soil bacteria very interesting. May convince you like many others to use in flower. There is also Monterrey garden same product with spinosad they’re both 0.5% spinosad and the rest it says 95% other ingredients which if you don’t believe me do research but I’m pretty sure it’ just means water. This is a concentrate I believe it’s 4 tablespoons per gallon of water you can also dilute more. If you try to buy just the spinosad without the “other ingredients” lol it’s like $400+ yup on Amazon or anywhere else.

Comment

Forgot to mention captn jack and Monterrey garden are the same shit just one is more expensive go with the cheaper one just read the label

Comment

Right on thanks Cali. I'm going to see if I can get some benificial mites. If not I'll just use some spinosad. I make concentrates with the majority of my harvest anyway

Comment

Oh well, you should be fine using spinozad. But you can try some hydrogen peroxide with soap like dr.bronners peppermint. Which reminds me teas of rosemary and thyme or any plant in the mint family will make a good pesticide just get about a cup of rosemary for example and smash it in water to make like a paste then let that sit in a gallon of water for about 48hrs then strain and apply some of the compounds in these teas kill on contact like spinozad, which reminds me with my bad infestation it took one time to take them all out I did a second treatment 4 days later to make sure because I would still see one or 2 survivors after the second spray they’ve been gone.. sound like you would be fine with just one application..

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
            SirSmksAlot commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a garden full of thyme rosemary and mint! Thanks for the great idea

There's also nematodes. https://www.amazon.ca/Nema-Globe-Ben...9299FYYRGD3H5C

Comment

So apparently spinosad is illegal to sell in Canada. However I was able to aquire about an ounce of pure spinosad from a very nice gentleman lol. Sometimes it pays off to give out samples of your harvests! Gonna wait till right before lights off to give the plants a spray. Thanks again for your suggestion Cali

Comment

Wow I am jelly. An ounce of pure spinosad should be all you need. Make sure you don’t use it to strong or to weak I’m listening to a podcast now as I write this about pest building up resistance to sprays when used to light of a dose because your afraid of it being too strong or residue on the end product so I want to add that earlier I said you can dilute it more then the instructions recommend but now I take that back make sure you use it at full strength recommended in the instructions. In case your interested it’s KIS Organics podcast on YouTube I’m listening to the “bug lady” episode 15 is the first of 3 she has done with KIS.

Comment

I'm goin to check that out. I have no instructions, was just told 1 drop per litre of water. So I hope that's enough

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X